Hepatic cysts with septations

Posted , 3 users are following.

Diagnosed with 2 liver cysts with septations.  Worried and want to know if there is cause for my distress. They are small cysts 1.5cm. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Not sure what a septation is?  Are they simple cysts?  If so nothing really needs to be done to them unless they are causing discomfort.  These are so small they should not be.  I had a 22cm simple chromatic cyst laprascopically removed 6 weeks ago because it was causing severe back pain.  The recovery was super easy.  Best wishes!
    • Posted

Its when there is a separation within the cyst- somewhat like a wall, because of this they are labelled "complicated" or "complex".  I have a dull cramp in my right abdomen that prompted the ultrasound but now I read that the small cysts don't usually present any symptoms so not sure what is causing my discomfort.

Glad your surgery went so well.   

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.