Hepatic liver 5 small but one grew 18 cm

Posted , 5 users are following.

I went to the emergency room about a month ago, for pain on my right side underneath my rib cage but back side. All kind of bloodwork was ordered but came back normal. Dr. did a CT scan showed an 18 cm cyst doctor wanted to drain it. Got it drain on friday 1/19/18. Procedure went well but said if it fill back up he would need to do a laparospic surgery, and he would need to check my bile duct to see what going on and why it will fill up again. Has anyone heard of this, or familiar with it and has anybody had it done. I am 58 years old. I had 5 small ones back in the year 2000 but, one of them grew to 18cm had no problem until a month ago, with the problem I stated above.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I have not but I hope someone here can help you. I hope everything goes well. Keep us posted.
    • Posted

Hey Karen do you know why some people need a liver resection rather than laparoscopic I am just trying to find the best options for me because I know nothing about this and I don't think my Dr does either. This is why I think this discussion board is a blessing

• Posted

Hi

i had a ct scan for something else and they found a large cyst on my liver too. After mri they said it was a cystadenoma ,not cancer, but needs to come out. Sooo having liver surgery in a few months to remove it. Dr says liver resection to get it all is best. I am really scared anyone have liver surgery?

• Posted

My friend has a tumor on her liver. They are watching it for now. She may eventually need surgery. I hope everything goes ok for you.
    • Posted

So Karen is your cyst in your liver or on your liver. I have 5 in my liver. But, of the five one grow to 18cm which was drained on friday, pray for me that it doesn't fill back all the way . I am so scared , by the way do you mine me asking your age. I am 58.

• Posted

I am 62.My cyst is on top of my liver and will be removed with open operation and resection to make sure they get it all. Although it is not cancer now it could turn into cancer so need to get it out. I am also nervous!
    • Posted

Hi Karen I am new to the discussion board. Do you know the difference in a cyst on the liver verses cyst in the liver. my Dr will be calling soon, don't know what laparoscopic surgery is but I am afraid also

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.