Hepatitis c exposed

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello,

i need some info here,im very confused about it all.ill start at beginning. MY FAMILY stopped at our local mcdonalds to eat.I had my 6 month baby girl in her car seat,my husband was placing our orders when me and my mom went to the restroom to wash our hands and to change the baby .I set the baby an car seat in front of the changing table and pulled it down.i then reach inside the clean disinfection wipes bin, when i did something bit me,i jerked my hand out fast and when i did two dirty syringes was in my hand. one syringe stuck my 6 month old in her eye,and one broke off in my hand. at that time i had no clue i was going to have another baby.so we went to the hospital to get my hand looked at and to get needle out of my hand.the baby also got checked up. now i had several past blood tests and was healthy and so was my child.it took 7 hours to get my blood tested .so when results came in the doctor told me i was 7 weeks prego.he also said that very very very small amount of hep c antibodies was positive. a week later i went back for blood test and was told by doctors my antibodies are rising. IS IT POSSIBLE TO TEST POSITIVE FOR THE HEP C ANTI BODIES 7 hours after being exposed.there was somebodys blood in these syringes and the one that stuck me was full of blood.but can that happen?also excuse my spelling and texting thank you!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.