herb sage

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi ladies im back again, i read on here someone say they have  sage tea with lemon juice and a spoon of honey at night for hot flushes well, well ,well i decided to have a go to see if it works and oh yes it works, i got my cooking sage put in a tea strainer and left for 5 minutes then half teaspoon honey and 2 spoons of fresh lemon juice ,i was having hot flushes 20 times a day worse early evening and night time was woken up every hour , the first night no change, second day night half the amount day and night then next night i woke up twice  last night i woke up once and so far today 11am i have been up since 8 no hot flush yet fingers crossed.Also the person that wrote this on here in the first place said drink lemon water in the day which i have done, i can believe i had this all in my kitchen  im going to carry on with this oh please ladies give it a try we suffer so much hope it works for you  good luck

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I have just started taking sage tablets for hot flushes. I think they are less frequent but not stopped yet (only day 3)

Glad you are getting some relief smile

• Posted

Hi jane i was going to try sage tablets but when i saw the cheaper way i took that i think anything sage may work i also think the honey calms at night
  • Posted

Have any of you ladies experienced waking up drenched in sweat but so cold? I experienced this last night. I had sweat dripping down the backs of my legs it was so bad. Anyone else ever have this happen? And does it usually happen in the 2 weeks before your cycle?
  • Posted

Hey thanks for this, I've just found a bit of sage in my cupboard and made this tea up, hope it works, I'm not suffering too bad with flashes, I'm more hot all of the time. By the way, how much sage do you use per cup and how many of these teas do you drink a day?

I've also just looked on utube and found a very interesting video of how to reset your vagus nerve by a lady called Cheryl Townsley. I will definitely be doing this too on a daily basis. 😀

• Posted

Hi shela ,like you i get more hot than flushes put about 1 large teaspoon and cover with hot water till its quite dark about 5 mins  i have been doing just in the evening about 2 hrs before bed good luck hope it works for you to x
  • Posted

Hi, I used menoforce sage tabs and they worked like magic for about 3 months. Maybe your home made remedy will prove even better....great idea! X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.