Herbal laxative suggestions?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi guys,

Hopefully someone can help me with this.

I am a female in my late 20’s who for as long as she can remember has had trouble when trying to go for a number 2. At the moment, if left alone I will only go every 4-5 days or so at best. As a result, I am in constant discomfort as I have not been able to pass the waste.

I also have a very sensitive stomach, so normal laxatives and a number of herbal ones from Boots etc cause me cramps and pain and aren’t a good solution. Basically, anything with Senna will cause me pain, which seems to be the ingredient in most natural/herbal laxatives.

I generally have a very good diet, high in vegetables and fibre so I am assuming this isn’t the cause.

I was wondering if you guys had any recommendations for me based on this? I know there are solutions out there, because after seeing an acupuncturist, she gave me some herbal pills that were absolutely magical. Unfortunately, she won’t tell me what they are as she wants to sell them to me and make her margin, which I can’t sustain.

I am completely open to any alternative medicines and will also look into any Chinese medicine/remedies for this.

Please help me poo!

Thanks so much

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Try eating prunes and drinking prune juice....Also, drink 3 Cups or Glasses of Hot Water, Hot Tea, Hot Coffee, Hot Chocalate, ie. anything Hot, 1st thing in the morning....It's a bowel stimulator.Also, eat plenty of rough fruit, ie. apples, pears, and natural wheat bran cereal besides other fibre and rough vegetables, ie. fresh carrots, celery, radishes, cauliflower, etc...It worked for me and hopefully, it will help you...

• Posted

HI, thanks for your reply!

Unforunately, have tried all of the above sad. Hot drinks, and fruit I have plenty of, first thing as well and my diet is highly focused on veg.

• Posted

Have you tried stool softeners. Save some of the pills given to you by the acupuncturist maybe someone at the health food store or pharmacist can identify ingredients
    • Posted

Hi, have tried stool softeners, with no luck. Those herbal acupuncutrist pills were magic but she puts too high a price on them. They also come in a clear bag, so no name or ingredients. Very helpful...
    • Posted

Maybe he they open the pills they can guess what's in them. By the smell or taste. Or another acupuncturist might be willing to identify the ingredients

• Posted

Do you have a right to know what a doctor is putting in your body? I once had good success with a dermatologist. I demanded to know what was in the pills he had given me he said some hormones were one of the ingredients. I stopped taking them. Also Maybe a half or less of the pill might work with other solutions
  • Posted

Ask the dr to prescribe you laxido. The defo work for me x
    • Posted

I guess you tried over the counter laxatives? I have the same problem. It's really not a problem it's a pain in the ass.I had this since I was young. I remember my Dad giving me a thing so I could go number 2. My sister use to rub my belly to help me go. I was about 6 or 7. I use to eat a big Mac and that seemed to work and a good salad. I barely eat because I'm afraid I will be in pain. I went to a gastroenterolgy and he told me to use exlax and miralax. That didn't work. I am 53 I just want to enjoy the rest of my life. It has to get better. I just ordered this liquid to help me with my stomach. Hope it workd

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.