Herbal remedies for Anxiety

Posted , 10 users are following.

Morning,

could anyone recommend any herbal remedies,

I have mild to severe anxiety where my body starts to twitch, tingle, vibrate and also experience crawling sensations with oh and I have a rather anxious mind.

Any help is really appreciated.

Thank you

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Ashwaganda is one of the best herbs for anxiety, because it's an adaptogen (look them up). Passionflower, lemon balm, valerian, St. Johns wort, and chamomile may also be helpful. You may read of or be told of Kava Kava, a very helpful herb, however it is very hard on the liver, so if this one is used you must be extremely careful. These herbs can be taken as a supplement or in a tea. There is also a supplement called 5-Hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP) which sounds unnatural but is fully natural and helpful. I hope this helps.
  • Posted

Morning Richard, i woukd try the Bach flower remedies, which you can get from any good health shop like holland & barret.

They are all for various complaints and are easy to take each day, just a few drops in water. Kalms are also good, but check with the staff at the shop to see if its ok to take together. Hope they work for you!.

• Posted

Good morning Richard.

I just wanted to know if you have tried conventional medicine, as opposed to purely herbal and hemeopathic remedies?

• Posted

Anxiety is your subconscious telling you something is wrong and needs to be resolved. I don't think any herbal remedy will do that. I wish they could, but no
  • Posted

Hi Richard.  I take L-theanine and Lemon Balm capsules by Viridian.  They take the edge off and help me sleep.  Going to look into taking B vitamins and Magnesium too as they help with the nervous system.  I also think some sort of therapy/relaxtion helps too. xx
  • Posted

Sounds like red bull to me, ha, anyway look on line there's not a lot, but the powered magnesium called calm is awesome , you get it at health food stores, tastes like a fizzy drink, excellent, it costs 25 bucks, but we'll worth it, all your electrolites need to be understood, please study them.
  • Posted

Hi Richard

This is an interesting post because

I've been in your situation and now I find

Myself back on prescription meds

I think I was trying to get by just on herbal

Supplements but after trying a few I was never really in the clear

Taking herbal remedies is similar to that

Of a drug it's going to take a few weeks to build up in your system there's no quick fix

Also they may not work aswell

What I tried

Magnesium / calcium

L tyrosine

5htp

B vitamins

Vitamin d

Omega 3

Valerian root

Ginkgo biloba

There's probably some more all obviously not took at the same time also some were to treat low mood , fatigue , energy etc

there was an improvement taking 5htp

50 mg twice daily on an empty stomach

Some compare it to anti depressants

Some even say it's bettter because 5htp

increases serotonin levels

• Posted

One of my friends swears by Peace & Calming Essential oil. One drop on the bottom of your foot. She also uses a dffuser with it. She said it helps her sleep, and she does not wake up feeling drugged. I do not use it, due to taking prescription meds., and not sure how well that would mix.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.