Herbal supplements

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi Ladies!

I was wondering if any of you knew of a supplement that is safe to take that helps balance your hormones even though you have uterine fibroids? I keep coming across ones that behave like estrogen and can interact with the fibroids. So I am particularly interested in ones that act as progesterone.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Google this one Bupleurum I think that helps also black cohosh.
    • Posted

I have been told that black cohosh helps shrink them but it also can act as estrogen in the body so I'm confused.
  • Posted

What about maca root
    • Posted

It's also supposed to help shrink fibroids as well as balance everything I'm taking 1000mg a day thanks
    • Posted

No fibroids but peri menopausal with loads of symptoms also trying to sort out this panic disorder which is destroying me at the minute so hopefully the maca will sort it all out and balance everything out
  • Posted

Vitamin B6 is particularly for balancing female hormones, like you i have fibroids, so havent risked taking anything, you need to be low on oestrogen with fibroids as this is their food,  if you take progesterone, your gonna put that up, and your oestrogen will then look even lower, not sure, but, i think your supposed to take a bit of both to keep the balance, send a private message to zingangie she will know as shes on HRT.  
  • Posted

Hi,

​I visted a herbalist years ago and was prescribed a tincture containing a herb call False Unicorn root - Chamaelirium Luteum​.   This is an incredibly powerful herb and helped me with endometriosis, it works.  Another herb that springs to mind in this tincture is Anemone Pulsatilla​, for pain and toning of the womb(I believe).

​Avoid Black cohosh!  You need herbs that balanace and tone, also be very wary of agnus castus..it can raise levels of oestrogen.  I am of the firm opinion that False unicorn root is excellent.

​For cramping, pain ect crampbark is excellent too.  I used to use this herb for odd bouts of pMS cramp, works incredibly well and also helps one to relax, mild sedative...please research if you need further details.  I hope this help you.

• Posted

You are very welcome - really good herbs, I learnt so much about herbalism following my treatments many years ago.  Please do some "googling" on these herbs, and if in any doubt then contact a medical herbalist.   Herbs can be incredibly potent, so please do take care, but good luck this.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.