Herbal teas?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Does anyone know of some good herbal teas which might even help our lungs?

I currently drink a lot of green tea and although I enjoy it and it helps by thinning my mucus and it's soothing to my soul, I probably shouldn't consume so much caffeine.

Thanks. I so enjoy this forum. If I'm feeling a bit low, I go on and check out what you all have to say and it always seems to lift my spirits to know that you are all out there having similar issues.

Ida

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yes, Ida,  I've got a great one.  Got it from Health Food store and  it says on the back of the packet 'Pharmacopoeial grade herbs are simply the highest quality herbs available.  We are one of the only North American tea companies to create herbal formulas using pharm. grade herbs and conduct clinical testing on our formulas.

I see mine has expired back in 2013 but I had one recently and it was as powerful as it was back when i bought it.  Obviously i don't use it frequently at all mainly because it tastes so medicinal and it's put away in a cannister.  But it really does open up the breathing passages and may do more if you took it consistently.  I'll send u a personal message with the name and anyone else is welcome to send me a personal msg.

Tabatha

• Posted

Ida, licorice root tea has been great for me! It loosens up the phlegm and makes it easier to clear the lungs. I also read somewhere it reduces inflammation. I definitely recommend!
    • Posted

Hi Alouette,

I have never heard of it, but I will definitely track it down and give it a try. It sounds delicious.

Thanks,

Ida

• Posted

Yes, it's hard to find, but it has amazing benefits, and not only for the lungs! It's ironic how healthier I've become ever since starting to take herbal stuff for my bx. Now I feel and look better than ever, it's only my lungs that are falling apart.
    • Posted

It sounds great and I do love licorice but have not been able to eat it since I stopped eating sugar.

I found it on Amazon by Traditional Medicinals, so I'm going to go ahead and order it.

Great to hear that you are feeling so well.

​Ida

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.