herbs that can cause Atrial fibrillation

Posted , 15 users are following.

I am 27 years old and was diagnosed with atrial fibrillation and atrial flutter 3 months ago after i went out of rhytm when i stepped out of hot tub. I went to the emergency room and after 3 days the rhytm went back to normal after being on Tambocor (Flecainide) and metaprolol for 2 days. But after i got home the afib attacks have started 5 times. And i always feel some very uncomfortable heavy heartbeat(not fast just heavy). And then i had holter monitor for 48 hours and everything was normal. But then i found out that if i eat ginger and cayenne pepper the heavy heartbeat goes away within an hour. But in every case when the afib attack start is when i eat those 2 foods. So it seems to calm my heavy heartbeat but also trigger the afib. My blood pressure is generally low 120/60 and resting pulse is between 50-60beats/min. Have anyone else notice ginger or cayenne pepper or any other herb trigger atrial fibrillation? I tried to google it but the only information i found is that these 2 herbs can help afib.

1 like, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have Afib and I take magnesium complete with taurate 300 mg and the flutters seem to go away for a longer time.
    • Posted

I aim to increase eating Magnesium-rich nuts (cashew + almond) and seeds (pumpkin, sesame, sunflower). I already have life-long habit of eating much dark leafy greens + fish. Also regularly eat plain yogurt. I may add avocados + bananas, althose my constant AFib + palpitations elevates when I eat bananas, and then I feel sleepy for a couple of hous afterwards.

Anyone here have good, or bad, experiences regarding any Magnesium-rich foods?

• Posted

Couple of consideration. As for myself when I attempt a low carb ketogenic type diet I am prone to bouts of Afib. I have successfully used GINGER and Cayanne PEPPER to HELP cardiovert me naturally back into normal sinus rhythm by using VERY HOT boiled green tea SEPARATELY

with a 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon of Cayanne and Ginger MIXED IN WARM water taken together with good results as well as magnesium and potassium rich foods post tea. 20 minutes plus of gentle rhythmic cardio exercise has helped cardiovert naturally.

Hope I helped a little. I know this is FROM 3 years ago.

• Posted

is any body on the treatment the doctors are suggesting They wont me to take Flecainide Acetate it has bad side affects and I Really dont wont to take it , and eventually ablation ,also he said I will have to take the medicine for the rest of my life hope someone can give advise

• Posted

Froskur,

How is your caffeine intake? It is not too difficult to hit 500 - 600 mg of caffeine per day if you drink just coffee and like dark chocolate. This would be enough to start afib.

Paul

• Posted

My experience with Afib started 5 years ago. I am 52 yo and have been a long time endurance athlete and I am a chronic Lyme disease patient. My Afib attacks generally come on with exercise or heavy exertion and heavy breathing or VERY cold water in the middle of the night at complete rest. I did have repeated Afib attacks related to a heavier animal based food diet and low carb diet. I am not overweight and have never have been and used a low carb animal based diet to improve my blood sugar stability and insulin resistance as well as to improve the good ketogenic functions for sleep and energy and hormone balance. BUT EVERY TIME I try this low carb diet that is supposed to be good for the heart my Afib attacks become pretty frequent with greater difficulty to regain normal rhythm. So I will share my experience BUT I think I have an Athlete's heart which some idiosyncratic behavior. When I was having difficulty getting my heart to go back into normal sinus rhythm I discovered that meals where the best time to use food an herbs to help. My experience has proven to me that ONE GREAT DEFINITE GENERAL TREND THAT WORKS FOR ME IS A more strict VEGAN diet where animal foods cannot influence my heart rhythm. Most of the medical doctors out there who know Afib well will agree that a vegan diet WHETHER FOR LIFE OR MORE SHORT TERM IS VERY EFFECTIVE TO CONTROL Afib attacks. I used Cayanne PEPPER and Ginger and cinnamon and Tumeric and cumin powders mixed together with some apple cider vinegar and some Magic bullet pureed green vegetablesvegetables which I would add to my salads and rice/beans over a year ago as an adjunct to self remedies with consistent success.

• Posted

are you taking fleaconide or have you had an ablation this is what they are recommending to me or a pacemaker ?

• Posted

I have read that Tumeric should not be taken if you are on any blood thinning medication.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.