Here I go again!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Well its that time to go for my next six week check up in my ankle surgery. I can't believe how fast time flies going through this. One day I'm bored silly and the next it feels like 3 weeks have gone by! 

Here is what I know: Movement, movement and more movement help to stretch those ligaments and tendons. 

You ARE going to have all the time! For some reason I thought I would be pain less at this point . (Nov 13th was my surgery on my ankle) 

It will burn, too... oh yes, random burning sensations.. lovely. 

It aches too... yup... just like a tooth ache!    

Do have your partner, spouse, maid, nanny or kids massage your scares and feet! Its so nice when you are in that pain to have someone else do that for you!  Therapy lotions or oils... are GREAT and just think: You are going to have super silky smooth feet when you get better! smile 

Have a back up plan (which I didn't do) and didn't realize I'd be with out a job and or pay for a LONG time! 

I heard that you can collect SSI (Social security benefits) going through this but haven't figured that out yet. 

Tomorrow I find out about my 3rd and hopefully  my final surgery in April!   I'm soooo excited! LOL 

Best of luck to you all!

Rose 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Rose,

Thanks for checking in with us on your progress.

It sounds like your recovery has been a bit of a rocky road. I wish it could be easier for more of us, but it is what it is, is it not?

I don't understand why you have to undergo 3 surgeries-- that is an ordeal.

Be patient (remind yourself that patience is indeed a sterling virtue) and you will get through all this. Remember, the only way out of situations like this is through it.

Best of luck to you.

• Posted

Hi Kp, 

Thanks for the well wishes! The follow up went well. My ankle is very strong after surgery which is good news. So every thing I've been doing has worked. Just have to get through the pain while walking, but he assured me that all is normal in the process.

Third surgery is April 9th. That is a First toe joint fusion. I had an Cheilectomy August 2nd and it didn't take. That is where they take some bone out so there is no more pain from bone spur and arthritis. So, back to the fusion. There will be no more pain and a bit of a quicker healing an NO cast. Which is great! 

Thanks for always commenting. 

Hope you are well.

Rose

• Posted

Rose,

Hang in there, things will work out in the end.

You seem to be one of the more diligent patients who don't take their troubling circumstances lying down (sorry for pun). I'm always cheering feisty underdogs who fight for their health and mobility with all resources available.

Not sure about SS disability and what all that involves. But I'm sure you will scour every opportunity to insure your income stability.

• Posted

Hi Kp, 

I'm certainly not one to sit on my butt and not get things done! LOL I want my life back and I've made great progress according to my doc! I'm pretty proud of myself. LOL 

Yes, the financial part is not easy but I will find a way.  smile 

Thanks again for always replying and being present on the board! 

Rose

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.