Here is a video that might make you smile

Posted , 7 users are following.

For the older viewers, a reminder of the good times, for the youngsters, a chance to see it for the first time. - 1997

Google 'chumbawamba tubthumping'

A video is the first result, have a watch and a smile. Enjoy your Saturday night.

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Ahhh,1997,good year for drinking for me or not if you know what I mean.My first son was born in 96 so wasn't drinking most of 96 and 97
  • Posted

Great song RHGB. Remember them on the Brits upsetting everyone with some political comment. Not heard it for years. Good times in 97. My drinking wasn't out of control! My girls were 2 and 5. 

God my life was good and I really fxxxed it up, big style😢

Alpologies re rehab discussion. You were very very right!! Enjoy your evening too..

• Posted

When I say I wasn't drinking I mean it was normal,half a bottle of wine 3 times a week. Before and after that was a lot worse.
  • Posted

Oh RHGB, I had forgotten that one.  Quite a statement.

I'm knocked down, at the mo.  Binged on gin, yesterday !  Smiled, then wept, during video.  Physical and emotional wreck, today.....🤒😢

But I'll get up again.

Tomorrow.

Alonangel

P.S. Thanks for the memory. Enjoy your evening, too.

• Posted

Sorry message was for alonangel not RHGB who will laugh at this x
    • Posted

I thought you had been on the weed tonight or perhaps something stronger.
    • Posted

Good song, bought back good memories, like paper fairy, not heard it for years. Happy Easter 😄😄
  • Posted

A few  of us went a bit mental last night. If you believe in astrology something weird is going on. Atm. Google it. Plus added pressure of Easter when Xmas was only a few weeks ago(as far as I'm concerned!). Even my 16 year old is saying this. When we were 16 a year, months were an age. Right? Strange but true x
    • Posted

Hi Paper fairy.  Someone once mentioned phases of the moon to me, with regard to reckless behaviour.  Think I'm just a bit mental, full stop.  I hope you are ok.  I am so wrecked !  Going through the NEVER DRINK AGAIN scenario.  Well, we've all heard that before.  I find it strange that I can drink over 20 Units of wine... fine, well you know.  With the gin... I feel so ill, today. " When will we ever learn, oh will we never learn"?

Time is very quick, as you get older.  If you cannot work, days have little structure. Weeks and months pass, it is all much the same to me.  

SadAlona 😥  x

• Posted

Oh Paper fairy.  You will love this.  I looked back at your comment about astrology... I don't really believe it, but it is interesting.  Anyway... I thought about Googling it... Atm.   I wondered what that was, re astrology.  It has now dawned on me that you meant "At the moment".  This is me in a scarily sober state.  No hope. Don't know what to put in Google, now?

Alonangel x

P.S. Astrology might be a good starting point !

• Posted

Hi again, Paper fairy.  Full moon 23rd March 2016.  

Oh dear !

Alonangel 🌕  (lunar loony ?)

• Posted

Angel( I like that rather than the other)..its more positive. Anyway what did you read? I've said earlier in one of posts..drinking. I hate it and ruined my weekend. Re gin. I've been drunk on it at parents when nothing else to drink. Vodka too. I can only compare it to taking drugs. I was never a druggie( though sometimes I think if I was I'd be helped more with methadon !) and would be happier than fighting our demon.

im so sad xx

• Posted

I'm going to bed. The only good thing about drinking is you sleep. So going to enjoy but tomorrow will be so sad x
    • Posted

Yes, I think Angel is very positive...I wish I was.  So sad, Ike you, atm.

We need to give our wings a good Spring flapping and rise above it all !

Easier said than done.  I'm now getting a great visualisation of wings on my back...flapping.  Barking mad ?

Chin...if not wings, up.  Keep on trying my "feathered" friend.

Angel xx

• Posted

Hello Paper fairy,

I hope you are coping today, Easter Sunday.  I am stuck in bed for another day.  'Can't cope at all.  Sad, sorry soul.  

You said today would be so sad for you.  Is there a special reason for that?  Is it the "holiday" thing?

I hope you are ok... fine, feathered friend.  We flappers need to look out for each other !

Angel xx

P.S. 'took Diazepam 4mg, last night and this morning.  'Can't face any alcohol. They don't mix, anyway.   Going druggie?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.