Here's something to think about !!

Posted , 9 users are following.

every day I try go for a short walk and I always have some degree of pain and my feet burn...I hadnt been feeling very well all this week the pain in my shoulders and arms was really getting me down a bit and I had promised my daughter I would look after my 3 year old granddaughter and take her to the park...I love playing games with her anyway I had her with me for six hours we walked to the park (she gets bored really quickly) I concentrated so much on keeping her entertained I forgot about my pain until I got home my feet hurt but I had the best day of my week :-)

also I go on holiday every year with my partner the week leading up to us going my pains are mild and when I am there walking and eating alfresco in the sun i always take painkillers with me and don't feel the need to take them So I don't

tell me your thoughts ? Is it self healing I wonder ?

shirl 

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi Shirl

I feel when one is occupied with doing things they love, the pains sub-side until you these loving things come to an end. So keeping occupied in lovely things is a bonus. That's why staying calm and positive is the key to moving forward. CBT is one of the mindfulness thought proess that helps me daily. wink x

• Posted

Yes I agree I loved dancing in the 70s and 80s so I put the radio on in the kitchen every day when my partner goes to work...there are some songs that make me feel happy and I just want to dance and sing so I do :-) I have a friend that has found CBT helpful she is on a long journey to improving her life...I have been on my journey and now I am living it as best I can 

life is too short we have to love it and live it...there is life with fibro people just remember what makes you happy

😎 this is me happy in the sun getting my groove on lol!!

• Posted

its because your not stressed because your enjoying what you do .

• Posted

Hi Shirl, do you know it has made me smile to read this today, I'm a big believer in self healing and positive thinking, I'm not saying it's easy believe me I know what horrendous pain is like, but it's so nice to hear there are people suffering with such positive attitudes, yes we have Fibro and many of us have other problems to but keep living life through this horrible pain and fatigue, it's a condition don't let it ruin your pleasures in your life,

I couldn't imagine not going to work everyday, it's my salvation it takes my mind off my pain watching the people I care for with mental health problems suffer as they do, I do sometimes have a break from my pain and fatigue these poor people live with there condition every day every year no cure for them, that's when I think how luck I am, I can come and go, make choices, go anywhere I decide even as simple as going for a walk,

I come home exhausted but I have a home family and friends to come home to,

On a happier note, I love holidays, I can be in agony going but sat there in the sun watching the world go by, splashing around in a pool or sea, priceless

I have a couple of hours with my grandchildren yesterday 6 months and 2 years they wore me out for the rest of the day but I wouldn't change my time with them for the world, pain relief is there for a reason, nice soak and an early night bliss 😃

• Posted

Yes Shirl; I do believe that when we can "get out of our norm", we can forget, for a little while, that we are burdened.....I have found that there have been times when I have had to go away, and surprised myself, that I havn't had to put up with sooooo  much pain:  maybe it is as we are told, our Stress levels at home/normal life are too much, and make our pain worse.,  but one of those occasions was my mother's funeral, and did feel over- stretched, and then came home and felt exhausted and not too good..... However, I also once again, also think that the different climate is the key, too, for the times that I've gone to Drier climates (as with my mother, which was in Central QLD..dry and hot)  are when I don't have the pain as bad, but if I go up the coast, it stays the same.   It really has been a quandry for me....do I move to a drier area, and leave my family/friends, and live in places that I don't like/enjoy....or stay with those I love, and live a more reclusive life???  I havn't been able to give myself an answer.redface             Bron
    • Posted

Hi Bronwyn that is a hard choice to make and one I will be facing myself in a year or 2...my kids have flown the nest don't live near me and are very happy with their own family..my partner is a builder and would love to buy and sell property  we have been to France a few times and we stayed with friends of his and met some of their French friends...it felt like old England as I call it...being around friendly lovely people chatting eating fresh food everyday having the odd glass of wine a slower pace of life with things to do...this is our dream and ambitionand how we would like to retire.. My kids know this my sons reactions " we will have somewhere to go for a break" lol my daughters whom I am very close to " mam you do what makes you both happy we can come and see you and you can come and stay with us.. it's so hard when the heart strings are pulling my ideal compromise would be a couple of months at a time in both places :-)
  • Posted

I'm a huge believer in the power of positive thinking.....if I get up feeling

down I try to focus on some positive aspect of my life......and there

are some no matter how bad it is right now.    I find I can sort of

"decide" what kind of day I will have.    I have to admit I don't seem

to have the kind of awful pain that some live with......I'm blessed

in that respect.

• Posted

Hello,

Great posts on here and all so positive! I find that the thought of something is often worse than the actual activity, I get so anxious about things! But if I prepare myself mentally, and it is something I like, I can push thro' the pain. I do try and make sure I am able to rest after a busy day.

Take care, Anne

• Posted

So happy you had a good time and found it so beneficial.  Coincidentally I was surprised myself this weekend.  I have neglected my garden for the last year or so due to pain and tiredness etc., but I rashly went and bought a lot of plants for hanging baskets etc and they had to  be planted or they'd die.  This weekend I pushed myself out there and pottered around all weekend, planting baskets, repotted an olive tree, even planted a small apple tree.  I prepared myself for a week of hell to follow but thought it worth it on balance as I enjoyed myself.  Miracle of miracles, today I'm actually in slightly less pain, not more.  My back and shoulders hurt but my arms which are generally hell on earth are actually marginally less painful.  I'm amazed.  Not quite euphoric but certainly happier than I was before the weekend.
    • Posted

Hi Loxie

So happy to hear that you managed to tackle you garden.  Well done to you and you must be proud of yourself of your acheivements. Take a day at a time and be happy. wink x

• Posted

Hello Shirl,

Still trying to make sense of this tricky condition! I have many days when I find it difficult to do anything. But I do try to push myself when the grandchildren are involved. Yesterday we all had a lovely day out at a farm. A lot of walking and activities involved. Thought i would be wiped out to-day, but no1! I was able to sort a lot of stuff out at home. That is what i call a result! Trouble is, you never know when it is going to happen!

Take care, Anne

• Posted

Hi Anne...I'm pleased you had a nice time with your grandchildren...I find fibro hits me most when I'm inactive...I'm at my best mostly in the mornings I have a routine first thing this helps for dealing with the pain then by early afternoon I start to feel wiped out...also I have noticed I can have a very good conversation with someone on the morning but in the afternoon when I'm feeling very tired I sometimes struggle to find the words I want to say and forget things..I look so forward to seeing my granddaughter ( only grandchild ) and daughter once a month the excitement seems to have helped ease the fibro pain...before I had my shoulder and arms pain I did go and look after her for 2 days she is a very active 2 year old...I was ok day 1 but by the end of day 2 I felt wiped out but totally worth it she is so adorable she makes me feel younger lol she likes to dance with my daughter to "shake it off " I just had to join in with them and now whenever I hear it on the radio it reminds me what fun we had...it makes me smile and if I feel up to it I  will dance :-)

take care... gentle hugs

shirl

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.