Here we go again....

Posted , 2 users are following.

So I been in 30mg for a little while now and was doing well. Then my kids father passed away Friday. And I have been down hill almost feels like I take zero medication. My sleep is off can't eat and my mind won't stop racing, and just thinking and thinking and thinking. I been sepersted from him for 6 years, but my anxiety is coming from worrying about the boys and how they are going to deal with it, so far they have accepted it. I do have clonazepam that doctor gave me when I was going threw side effects, I have not taken any at all, as I am afraid to take meds to begin with... has any one taken clonazepam what side effects did they experience I am so afraid of being dizzy. Is this just a blip I am going thee because of the passing of him or am I going to need an increase yet again. Has any one gone threw this? As I am feeling I am loosing my mind again.

2 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

I lost my brother and sister in the same year and went through a rough patch. I adopted my brothers son and everything seemed to go well until he started asking more and more about what happened to my brother and on top of everything I slipped backwards.

Waited a week a believe no relief went and upped my dose took a little while but I got back on track. 6 months later same thing. Went up to 30. A few months ago started slipping back waited it out it went away. Fast forward today and I am still on 30 didn't respond to 40 and have been prescribed klonopin to help level me out. If I level out I'll stick with citalopram or try Prozac.

I would give it a week try to go about your life even if it's extremely hard just do your best and you might find it's just a blip. If it lasts longer than 2 weeks I would see your doctor.....or my doctor.... I myself wouldnt see your doctor.

They make me very very tired after an hour when it kicks in I don't feel the least bit dizzy.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply, yeah I am gonna wait a bit. I have just been having really bad sleep and than having anxiety all day is just getting to me. I am still taking my 30 have not taken the other pill. I may take it tonight though to get some sleep. Does it make to feel weird or anything I am so terrified of I'll these pills but I just need some sort of relief

• Posted

It'll probably make you tired what dose of klonopin did they give you.

• Posted

Says 0.5mg and the name is clonazepam Says take half or 1 pill when needed.
    • Posted

Expecislly reading all the horror story's about them. I don't have any issues abusing things. I am more less scared to take anything that it will make me feel weird, high, or won't be able to walk etc or and being dizzy is a huge thing so scared to be dizzy. I read that u can drool get dizzy get more anxiety etc

• Posted

If your nervous just take half and give it an hour. It takes about 45min-2 hours to work.
    • Posted

So u think if I break the pill in half, it's will be easier, less side efffcts? So that would mean I am only takeing 25 mg of it.

• Posted

Ya I've never had any negative side effects of your looking to take it at night I wouldnt worry about it making you dizzy or anything like I said you'll probably just get tired.

• Posted

Ok how much do u take? I am thinking if I take it at night I'll actually be able to sleep, I am only getting like 4 hours now maybe 5 if I am lucky, which I know don't help the anxiety at all.

• Posted

Honestly my anxiety is so severe my doctor is seeing what dose I respond too she wants me to take 2mg a day but I havnt gone past 1.5mg yet.
    • Posted

Oh ok, if u take it at night to u wake up feeling like crap? That another issue I am scared of..
    • Posted

Ok, thanks a bunch for all your info, I have read so much bad online and that totally scared the crap out of me. So I was just to afraid to take it, but I am gonna need to do something sooner or later to get out do this rut. Now that u take 1.5 does it take all your anxiety away?
    • Posted

Actually no it doesn't I think it's helping but it's still there.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.