Here we go again

Posted , 5 users are following.

so I've been diagnosed with gastritis in september of last year i was also diagnosed with gerd. i no longer have a gallbladder, i haven't had one for about 8 or 9 years i recently gave birth to my fourth baby 9 weeks ago. i was feeling pretty ok after delivery but the last 3 days ive had horrible stomach cramping all day no matter if i eat or not i also get it at night while im awake feeding the baby my stool are pretty normal other than they float and have for over a year i mentioned this to my dr but he wasnt concerned when i was diagnosed with gastritis he gave me an ultra sound then as well and nothing remarkable came up but im so scared of what this is as the pain is there can anyone give me any tips?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

See your doctor. You gastritis may have recurred - mine did. But if you need medication it MUST be checked by your doctor as you are feeding your baby. Congratulations by the way.

• Posted

thank you! i ended up in the er tonight with what the drs said was chest pain it was so severe that i could barely breathe i dont know what it is and the drs said it seems to be a recurrence of acid reflux and gastritis i just didnt know it could get that bad. they ran bloods and did a ct scan so im trying to have faith in the results but it is hard when i had so much pain in my upper abdomen/ chest area.

• Posted

GERD chest pain can be frightening; I have had this. Painkillers, milk, and antacids helped it. Try to trust your doctor and your test results. CTs are very accurate. Congratulations on the birth of your baby.

• Posted

it was incredibly scary and on top of it im pretty sure i started having a panic attack because i didnt know what was happening i was so scared. i am really trying to just trust the dr and try to be calm. thank you for the reply it does help a ton. and thank you im so happy being a new mom again.

• Posted

It could be the hormonal changes after giving birth that could be flaring up your gastritis and GERD. Since nothing else is showing up on scans, try not to worry because anxiety can aggravate gastritis and GERD. Since your doctor is not concerned, this is good news for you. Stick to bland foods until your stomach settles down. Try some milk so long as you are not lactose intolerant. Milk is very good for settling your stomach; it works for my GERD. Over the counter antacids can also help.

• Posted

I got scared when I first got GERD chest pain because I had never had it before and the pain kept getting worse. However, once I tried painkillers and the pain subsided, I calmed down.

• Posted

they gave me what they called a GI cocktail and i felt alot better after. the pain was coming in attacks like it would happen for 10 or so minutes the be gone then come back but once i got that cocktail of different stuff i didnt get one again

• Posted

Just as well I hadn't needed that; I react badly to hospital medications!

• Posted

Blood test for possible pancreas not functioning properly. also CT scan

be proactive . You sometimes need to push your doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.