hernia

Posted , 4 users are following.

can a belly button hernia (i don't know if it's affecting other parts or the exact internal size) affect digestion, indigestion and bloating

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi David,

You bet it can. I also had an umilical (belly button) hernia last December and had it fixed. But I had severe bloating (wore maternity pants), lots of burping and burning indigestion. So your issues could very well be from the hernia. I would look into a possible upper GI endoscopy to rule out any other problems causing your discomfort. Hope you get squared away. Linda

• Posted

Did you have a Nissen Fundo for the hiatal hernia or are you talking about something else?
  • Posted

I was speaking about my own belly button umbilical hernia and its symptoms, which did cause me the issues you mentioned in your original question.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.