Hernia

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,

A year or so ago, I got really sick. Many doctors said it was IBS, and I just kept getting worse and worse. They ended up opening me and found a hernia. I had that fixed. It's been over a year since the surgery and I was getting better and better with each passing day.

A little over 2 weeks ago, I ate some food that had fungus growing on it. I got really really sick. And my guts were spasming out of control. In the toilet bowl, a lot of blood appeared. And it concerned me. Within a few days, my hernia incision site was just aching like crazy. And it feels like when I actually did have the hernia. It's been 2 weeks now and its hurting even more, and some of the pain is radiating into my groin. When I press down on the site, I get a very sharp pain.

I'm not sure if this is normal or not. When I sleep now too, my abdomen feels uncomfortable like there's pressure in that spot.

My real problem is, even when I had the hernia to start no test picked it up. And they weren't able to feel it. They only found it during surgery. So, they honestly have no way of telling if it reappeared.

Could this be chronic pain at the site or should I be concerned?

Also, they didn't use a mesh to fix the hernia. Just stitches.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I would go back to your doctor to find out if the hernia is back or if you are having surgical complications, Are you having change of bowel habit? Sometimes abdominal surgery can cause IBS.
    • Posted

My hernia before gave me dirreaha. So when it was fixed, it stopped. 
  • Posted

What were your symptoms when you had hernia? What kind of pain were you experiencing and where? Where was your hernia?
    • Posted

The hernia was right beside my right ovary. It caused severe pain, chronic dirreaha, pelvic pain, sharp pain in its location, and a few other issues. 
  • Posted

Return to the Doctor, that did the surgery, let him check you over.
  • Posted

That’s great if the diarrhoea stopped after hernia surgery.  However, since you are still in pain, I would go straight back to your doctor to find out about complications.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.