hernia op encouragement..

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi folks…I am 3 weeks post op open inguinal hernia surgery.A surgery that was a little tricky as it involved cutting away an existing failed mesh from 10 years ago..….Until earlier this week I have been in loads of pain and discomfort….However I have done as I have been told and gradually increased the walking….I,m only doing 3 miles a day though and am definitely feeling better each day….The hypersensitivity is still there but I,m helping this my massaging vitamin e oil into the areas that hurt….AND its working…..The main thing is give yourself lots of time….IGNORE the boasts that you will feel great after a few days….Its not going to happen….Listen to your body,take things day by day and above all get a positive mind set…..Something else to remember….you are NOT on your own…..good luck..

3 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Fantastic news. Congrats. Did they replace the mesh with new mesh?  Curious...I'm slated for inguinal hernia surgery in April. All the best and thanks for your update.

• Posted

hi Salal

Yes they did replace the Mesh….I was one of a small number that the mesh had split…..It rarely happens but it did with me……Don't worry about your op….Easy to say I know…..Please don't believe a lot that is written….There is a lot of exaggeration and scaremongering…..You will be in discomfort for a few days and then it is a gradual healing process…and think on, it is one of the most common procedures carried out….thousands done every day….Keep a positive mind set and you will be fine…Best of luck….

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.