Hernias may be back.

Posted , 4 users are following.

i had a double inguinal Hernia repair on the 3rd Febuary this year and after 8 weeks recovery and getting slowly back to work all was going ok.

Then last week I was at the doctors for anouther reason and the doctor said I will request a ultrasound to see if the hernias are back as when she felt that area she said she could feel as if they where back.

she as not referred me back to the consultant who preformed the operation so I take that as a positive.

as anyone else had the same happen to them and what would I expect if I had to have it done again.? Would it be possible to do it again with mesh already been put in place?

thank you 

Darren

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I've just had laparoscopic mesh umbilical hernia surgery 12 days ago it still hurts a lot tho. I was just wandering if It had gone never thought about it coming back. I was badly informed as I thought I'd be ok in a day or two lol god was I wrong

• Posted

HI Darren239,

I had 3 inguinal hernias fixed(using mesh) with keyhole surgery in march of this year, I am still recovering, I am still very swollen, got loads of scar tissue and to top it all I have a new inguinal hernia on my right side which I need open surgery to fix, I just need to pick my date to have it done. Everybody talks about hernia surgery as if it's getting a tooth extracted.

I hope you are feeling ok.

• Posted

Yes, it's happening to me.  My first hernia repair was in 2012.  2 more were repaired in 2013.  2 more repaired in Feb of this year and now I have been referred back as it's supected that I have another one.

They take the old mesh out before repairing the new hernias.  Up until my last repair this was carried out as day surgery but they kept me in overnight this year.  Unfortunately, each successive repair seems to be more painful than the last

• Posted

I have received a ultrasound appointment for wed 16th September. So all be answered then I hope.

I hope you keep us up to date with your situation and that it gets sorted out soon.

• Posted

Update.

Today's the day of the ultrasound.

I will maybe know tonight if I need the repairs redoing or not.

• Posted

Well typical again of kings mill hospital they have rang me regarding tonight's appointment due to sickness of staff at hospital it's cancelled.

So they rang to cancel Wednesday appointment to make it today due to cancellation but now that's cancelled.

• Posted

update i am due a third hernia operation on Monday 28th September, will provide more info over next few days/weeks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.