Herniated Discs

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi guys... im 25 and in march i moved into my first place with my partner both working full time everything going great. After a few weeks i started experiencing back and at work some strange leg twitches.. went to see a doctor to be told ive pulled my back give it another 2 weeks or some. I knew it wasn't this i just knew it was something diffrent. Cut a long story short after being told it was sciatica after 6 weeks of this i had a mri scan which came back in 4 days. I was told i jad 3 herniated discs which were L2-L3 L3-L4 L4-L5 and one has a tear. Was told the one bulge is very large im now on 5 months off work and after seeing my consultant he wants me to carry on as i am for another 2 months as he couldn't give me a steroid injection. But all the pain killers i have tried have jist not been working and im getting physcially much worse the pains unreal and they've told me last option is morphine but Monday was told there reluctant to give it me.. im not sleeping cant stand cant walk cant get in and out of car. Just dont know what to do. Tried excercises they gave me but i physically cant get socks on so alot are impossible...

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi sorry to hear what your going through, I had l4/5 disc bulge and it was worn, the only thing that helped me was having a MIS TLIF, I'm 6 weeks post op and it best thing I've ever done, I'm not sure what the crack is if you have more than one disc herniation but if your doctor won't do injections this will be a next step. I tried everything over 3 years of suffering. Chin up it will get sorted.. has he said why he won't do injections?

• Posted

Sorry ha. Yeah apparently there is alot of fluid already around he wouldnt want to put anymore there
    • Posted

I would probably ask for a second opinion, It did take a while for the doctors to listen to me and do something to help me, my gp was a bit useless at first until I got rather annoying because I kept goin back.. they just kept giving me pain meds and sending me home! stick your ground until something gets done to help you. Best of luck
    • Posted

Thats me ive had about 5 diffrent sets of pain meds the last ones they were giving me worked and have just stooped over the past few weeks.. i think im going to see what i can get done Thursday 😁

• Posted

Hi,

Have you been referred to a pain clinic? I am in a similar boat to you with 2 disk bulges, can live a normal life because I can't sit or stand and this is making me pretty house bound. Im 30 and slipped mine 2 years ago and have gradually deteriorated since . TBH the injections are early affective and even if they work they only last at best a few months. Where do you live? My local nhs hospital won't operate on me in case it makes things worse. Until I have leg paralysis or can't control my bowel/bladder they won't operate.

• Posted

No i haven't b3en refered to a pain clinic. Mines all happened ever so quickly ive gotten so worse in the space of a few months. I live in wolverhampton. They told me theres a risk of paralysis. But i just dont see where i can go from here. He did tell me the one bulge that is large is bulging out into my back and if he operated he would have to remove part of that disc

• Posted

U sound like u need an emergency discectomy a operation. Push for it Ull at least be able to go bck to work after 6 wks . Try asking for. Drug called Lycra. If all else fails ask yr Gp to refer u to a private hospital via the nhs , your well wiiin yr rights to ask and receive this . My friend did it an from start to finish including op she waiting only 10 wks. I did it too and had my spinal fusion back in mAy. Injection s don't always work and can make things worse as they did in my case. They not designed to be a permanent solution. Good luck

• Posted

Hey.. well im slightly overweight and and there saying i need to loose weight before operation but since my consultant apppintment a month ago i have been getting progressivly worse and obviously im trying to loose weight but being unable to move 80%of the time burning energy is hard. I am seeing my gp on Thursday so hopefully i can get something. As obviously im getting very drpressed but i dont want to be on anti depressents they have offered them me but dont want to go down that road aswell as everything else sad
    • Posted

Try star flower capsules from holland and Barrett great for helping lift low moods .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.