Hernier or not ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

iv been seeing doctors , having tests and obviously going through these 9 months with changing symtoms but finally I might have found that it could be a hiatus hernia

i wonder how many others , with diagnosis have any of or all of the following symptoms : 

acid reflux ( last months and constant ) 

squelching stomoch noises ( 7 months often ) 

chest pains ( now 3 months ) 

vertigo or and brain fog with dramatic attacks ( here and there ) 

joint pain here and there 

thirst closing up here and there 

face numb - here and there 

pins and needles in hands ( often ) 

or possibly i have combanation of hernier and anxiety 

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi James

Have you had an endoscopy (camera tube down your throat)?? With me this showed conclusivley that I had a h/hernia.

Very best wishes

• Posted

No I didn't have that yet 

so far the doctor put me on omeprazole and said if my symtoms go then it's likely I have . 

Wgat are you taking / hoe are you fixing it ? 

• Posted

Well James I could bore you for hours but the long and the is that I for many years had reflux and endless gastritis, determined to get an end to all this I had a nissen fundiplication and hiatus hernia repair last year, my problems digesting fat continued so 8 weeks ago I had my gallbladder removed. A bit drastic but I wan't to get on and enjoy life! I am a very young 59 yr old, extremely sporty, I run, ride and swim.

One thing I would recomend is keeping a food diary, see what makes you feel worse, keep meals small and don't eat late at night.

Very best wishes

• Posted

It's never Boring ! 

Well the only other qu I have is aside from reflux / gastr did you have any of the other symtoms I listed above ? 

And if many which did you not ? 

• Posted

That's throat closing up not thirst ! 

• Posted

I have just about all the symptoms You have mentioned.

It's a such a horrible feeling. Chest pains make me feel I am having a coronary. I was diagnosed with a hiatal hernia about 4months ago after I had an endoscopy done.

• Posted

Can you tell me whivh symptoms you had and how you fixed  It ? 

• Posted

I have all the symptoms you mentioned. Thought tingling in my face is something new. Also the feeling that my throat is tightening.

I feel the pains radiating to my back and my arms when the hernia pain is bad.

I am currently on itopride 50mg X 3 times a day. Pantocid twice a day. Activated Charcoal tablets 2-3 times a day for the gas and belching.

I also read that turmeric helps with inflamations so I take less than half a teaspoon with 1 teaspoon of honey in hot water... Mostly at night before bed. Somewhat helps.

Gavascon tablets are ways at hand.

My doc has suggested against surgery for now saying even after surgery UT can reoccur. His advise is to control the GERD. The only way to try and to that is control what you eat so basically diet.

• Posted

Cheers 

it's the brain fog / vertigo / completely detached feeling that can come in rushes and then go or often be their lighter but still annoying and scarey that I want to know if it's part of this issue or another 

I can relate that chest hurts because trapped gas maybe ? Although it's usually always hurting but I seem to have more symptoms than perhaps many 

• Posted

also I seem to be getting random bright small red spots come and go 

really red ... again not sure if they are related 

• Posted

It's just horrible! I get light headed too but not as bad.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.