Herpes.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have developed feet neuropathy since December.  Tested positive for herpes.  Neurologist and infectious disease Dr don't think is herpes related.  They have done spinal MRI blood test and so on.  My infectious disease Dr said, take acyclovir for a week, gave me prescription.  He does not think it will help.  Never had any lesions in my life.  

Don't know what to do.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Joe I am sorry but I ampuzzled as to why your dr  gave you a drug then says it will not work.
    • Posted

Because he feels that my condition is not related to herpes.  He just did it to prove it to me I guess
    • Posted

Did you request the drug? Have sent a PM to you .
    • Posted

Thanks Jane,  no I did not request it.  I think this is one of the drugs for the treatment of herpes.
  • Posted

Joe, I suggest you go on line and research side effects of herpes, you also can get medical sites that will identify medicens by name and what their purpose is used for. I also think if you are in much pain you should consider a pain management Dr. Their knowledge might be more useful to your needs. Joe, anyone that has faced pain issues has to become an advocate for their own well being! Don't let the Drs discount your issues, get assertive and insist if they do not know how to help you then they need refer you to Drs that have better knowledge re your situation!! They are men or women who have extended studies in health issues, and their job is to help you resolve your health issues and do no harm! If you are feeling this pain, your body is telling you it needs help, you are not wrong, if you feel it is!! My best wishes are with you!! Good luck, I will think of you and hope you improving man! 🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

• Posted

Joe, I have no idea if you should take it or not. I am not a Dr and so I can not advise you that way. Call the dr that wants you take it and ask what the medicine is used for and why dr wants you to take it. You sound confused about this issue you are trying to deal with and your Dr can explain what he or she thinks your issue is and why this medicine might help you. It is ok for you to call the dr and have them explain what they think you are dealing with and why they want you to take the medicine. Good luck.🍀🍀🍀🍀

• Posted

I agree with peonygirl. You really need to discuss this with the prescriber. I asjked if you had  requested this drug for something else  or for  something you  suspected that you may have contracted.

The dr must have done inflammatory markers and tests for herpews. Have u been to a special clinic.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.