Herpes??

Posted , 3 users are following.

this bump has been here for about a week or so... im afraid to see a doc because last time i went for STD testing after i was raped the doctor told me if i couldnt explain to a male doctor why i needed to be in the office i shouldnt be having sex anyway. im extremely upset and already made my mum go in with me (im over 18, im on her insurance because im in college and it still applies) and my mother said any more of these unecessary and preventable visits ill have to pay for them out of pocket...

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

looks like ingrown hair

• Posted

that's what i was thinking. doctor told me it was herpes and then didnt call me for 2 weeks.. i called back and then she said it wasnt. it was definitely an unprofessional and disappointing experience. thank you so much for your help

• Posted

in grown hair by the looks of things. hot compress should bring it to the surface and soften the skin. it may come out with exfoliation however you may need to use tweezers.

Although when making an appointment specify you wish to see a female doctor. unfortunatly the doctor is right if you arent able to talk to a doctor you probably arent fully ready to be having sex. good luck x

• Posted

the doctor was INCORRECT and unprofessional to make assumptions based on the fact i wasnt comfortable with speaking to a male nurse about my recent sexual assault. i made an appointment with a female doctor, yes.

• Posted

i never stated i was unable to explain my situation. i expressed my desire for a female nurse IN ADVANCE, who, even after explaining my situation, told me i shouldnt even have sex if i cant explain my violent sexual assault to a male nurse.

extremely unprofessional and unnaceptable.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.