Herpes 2 igg test 3.1

Posted , 4 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity.

Dear all,

I slept with a very questionable girl three weeks ago. Then one week later my neck lymph nodes swollen so I figure why not do a body test?

My result came back all normal except herpes 2 igg index of a positive 3.1

I was told herpes 2 antibody takes awhile for human body to develop. Did I have herpes before sleeping with this girl? Or did I get it from her?Since 3.1 seems like a high number?

Should I take the igm herpes 2 test?

Thanks!

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

The IgM test for herpes is not reliable, nor is it advised by the CDC for this reason. Were you tested fot HSV1 IgG as well, and if so, how did you score? You can test again in a month or two for HSV2 IgG, and if it is much higher than now, then it's a new infection. If it remains similar, then it's likely not, and if your HSV1 IgG is strongly positive (or you know you have a history of cold sores), then that could be a factor (possible cross-reaction). The best test is a swab test, but that is only good when lesions are present.

• Posted

Currently waiting for the igm test result.

Should I try the western blot testing method as well? Do you know if my blood sample can still be tested if I mail it from Asia?

• Posted

As mentioned, the IgM test is unreliable for herpes. You can Google that yourself. As a result, it doesn't really matter what your results IgM say. Regarding the University of Washington western blot, it *is* possible to do the test from Asia, but I don't know how this would be arranged. You might need to check the UoW clinic website, download the forms/guidelines, and ask your private clinic for drawing your blood.

• Posted

Thanks Felis, I will check out the website!

The doctor gave me another urinal test, the result came back "herpes simplex virus 2 DNA as negative and undetected"

Does that mean I have contracted herpes 2 awhile ago?

• Posted

Did you have lesions at the time of the urine test? The urine test isn't so commonly used for herpes, but since it's DNA based, it ought to be negative if you are not having an outbreak right now. It will only detect active virus, not antibodies, and if you are shedding elsewhere, then it may still miss the virus.

• Posted

Not that I've recalled, it would have been very painful right?

Where else can I be shedding off the virus?

• Posted

Herpes is not usually "very painful", but the lesions are typically sore when touched. If infected genitally, the virus can be shed anywhere in the anogenital tract, even where no lesions are present (true in the case of mucosal or mucosal-like skin). The anogenital tract includes the penis head, shaft, perineum and/or anus, etc. Normally, I suppose you'd expect the whole area to shed virus during shedding or outbreaks, but a dna urine test won't detect anything when you're not shedding. Did you ever follow up with another IgG test?

• Posted

I did follow up with another test, the result came back positive for herpes 2 antibody. I don't know if I'm lucky or not, I have never felt any major pain or lesion until now. I will find my genital area itchy sometimes, perhaps that could be it?

Few days ago, I have discovered these red patch/spots on my glans and foreskin. They are painless, I can urinate and masturbate with no problem.

Is the herpes shredding now? Should I find a dermatologist to check it out? I have added some pictures

• Posted

Did you do the same HSV2 IgG test, and if so, what was your follow-up score? Did you ever test for HSV1 IgG (or have a history of cold sores)? Your first score of 3.1 falls in the potentially suspect range if you already carry HSV1, and if the test kit used was HerpeSelect.

As for your penis being red, it's always good to see a doctor for anything out of the ordinary. Perhaps you can even ask them to swab the red area for herpes, despite there being no actual lesions. If they can do that with a pcr swab for herpes, even better.

• Posted

My second herpes test was done 3 weeks ago my first one. The index came back 3.0, which is 0.1 lower than the previous one. I also did HSV1 igG test, which came back negative twice.

Thank you, I will see if I can consult a doctor soon. It is just you know work days is Monday-Friday, and you're exhausted after work. Weekend just want to sleep in sad But this is serious and I should get it done, you're totally right.

• Posted

Did u ever find out if u really have it help i also have redness help
    • Posted

Hi feliz i have wrote u in the past and seen this post of stanley81116 i have the same exact think only redness only on the head no where else for 7 months straight nothing else slight itch at times positive hsv1 hsv2 immunoassay but dont have the values. Just say positive im soon gonna get the westernblot recently recieved the package from uw is there any hope left for me?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.