Herpes 2 testing

Posted , 4 users are following.

Genital herpes testing. I haven’t had any sores or Blisters since the possible Exposure. Exposure happened June 3. I took a blood test 9 weeks after incident and came

Back negative. Has anyone tested negative around this time and then retested and tested positive. What are the chances of my results being a false negative. I am unaware of partners std status. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I forgot to mention I do have burning sensation in vagina though. And pain in groin and bottom of buttcheeks. But never had sores where it burns/pain. 
  • Posted

Ig G test can be nagative for months. Get another test in september and if negative repeat in december. 
  • Posted

9 weeks is not enough time for hsv to come back positive with a blood test. Give it 12-14 weeks 
  • Posted

If you don’t know your partners std status now do you know you were expose to herpes ?  9 weeks I a good amount of time for antibodies to be present. Doctors said 1 month -6 months can determine if you Been expose but of course get tested again in December to be certain. Best luck 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.