Herpes and Decompression

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello,

I have oral herpes and I am looking into being decompressed for CM1. My question is if anyone else with herpes was decompressed and ran into complications because of the virus? I genuinely appreciate your help and honesty.

What are the risks of having this virus and getting decompressed?

Thank you

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi thete! I have oral herpes of which come up my spine on my right side internally. When i get an out break its bad. But i had 2 decompression surgeries and no herpies not even in my neck where i get then sometines. Hope this helps! Good luck w surgery if u have it.
    • Posted

Thank you so much! Is it even worth mentioning to my NS? I get 1-2 cold sores a year. How are you feeling did decompression help you? And why did you have 2 surgeries? Big Hugs!!

Emma

• Posted

good morning!  I was willing to deal with an outbreak because my chiari was causing worse symptoms then my herpes would have.  My cases of herpes were all over my face and in my mouth.during my outbreaks.  You could mention it to your surgeon but I dont think any of them take it seriously. My mri showed them for years.on my spine and lymph nodes  Anyway, I really feel you should worry about that unless they are around the brain or brain stem.  Tell me your symptoms, maybe I can give you some insight.  My first surgery 2012 they removed part of my skull for more room.  My second surgery this past Feb was to lift  my brain up with a titanium plate so my tonsils wouldnt sag and get crushed more. Both surgeries drastically cut down on debilitating symptoms. I belong to a Chiari support  group on facebook and I have learned soooooo much from all the members that have chiari.  If it wasn't for them I wouldnt be so educated!   I'm here to help if I can. - Carol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.