Herpes as a virgin?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I went to a doctor to check a infected pimple I had down there and she also looked at one bump I had ( which was probably there for at least 3 weeks or a month w no change) and told me it might be herpes... but the problem is that I'm a complete virgin! I never had any sort of oral (given or received) or skin to skin contact either.  

I did have a bump appearing in my left labia a few times before and  went to a doctor and she told me it was folliculitis. Just a day after I went to this doctor ( that told me I may have herpes) I went to my first doctor and she looked at everything again ( even with a magnifying glass) and she said she couldn't see anything that looked like herpes to her. I also went the next day to a third doctor ( a dermatologist especialized in STIs this time) and he looked and said that didn't see anything either  and taking the fact that I'm a virgin,  he didn't think it was herpes. What do you guys think? What are the odds of a total virgin get genital herpes?  Taking the fact that I never had sex, wouldn't it be more wise to look at other options first before diagnose someone with herpes? I did take a blood test  ( Herpes I and II LgM LgG and  the results aren't out yet), but taking into account that this exame doesn't especify which type of herpes I may have,I'm terrified of get a positive for herpes and they all assume it's down there ( even tho HSV 1 is so easily spreaded, and a lot of ppl have it even w/o symtomps). What should I do? What can I do to know if I have genital herpes? 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I dont think you. Could possibly have it don't worry get the dermatologist to do biopsy if they can't diagnose what it is 

• Posted

thanks for the answer. I went to a dermatologist about a day or two after the first doctor and he said he couldn't see anything that looked like herpes or could be swabbed. Does herpes heal this fast? As a virgin, I'm just scared of being diagnotised with a STI w/o had sex. 

• Posted

I can't answer that I've never had herps didn't the dermatologist day what it was you had then they should know really 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.