Herpes for 4 years

Posted , 4 users are following.

So I was dating this girl in 2013 and the first time we had sex my dumb self had unprotected sex with her because for some reason I trusted her. One or two days after sleeping with her I got 3 small blisters on my penis, I called her really frustrated and mad about what was going on and she told me she was having a yeast infection the same day we had sex. So I knew this had to be herpes and nothing to do with a yeast infection, i went to see a doctor but he didn’t even test me he was like this is just probably from rough sex put ointment on it it will go away. So I didn’t have any symptoms apart from the 3 blisters and the disappeared in a weeks time. I thought it was ok and maybe wasn’t herpes till exactly a year later I got one recurring blister on my penis again which disappeared in 2 days, and the same exactly a year after that. It’s always one blister that disappears in maximum 2 days not other symptoms and comes once a year. Last year I had no break out but this year the one blister came in may and again disappeared in 2 days since then haven’t had another blister. I’ve never been tested and honestly I always forget I have herpes because I don’t have any symptoms and the 1 blister that comes once a year disappears so fast but now that I e started thinking about the future and the wish to have kids some day I just remembered that I have it. I’d like to see a doctor and know which type of HSV I have and the risks of giving it to my future partner, what is the name of the test I should take? Or is it better to wait till next year when I have the blister to see the doctor?

Thanks guys 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Are these blisters painful?
    • Posted

Yes when I squeeze it it’s painful and has fluid in it, that’s how I know it’s herpes.
    • Posted

Herpes is a fact of life.

No drug treatment can eliminate the virus from the body.

The drugs can be taken when you get blisters to make them go quicker.

You can have HSV1 and HSV2 Antibody tests done if you wish.

You are obviously most contagious when you have active blisters. But you can spread it even when you don’t - but the chance is much lower.

• Posted

better to see a professional health provider, ask to do. ALL kinds of STD test (hsv igg/igm, syphilis, chlamydia, gonorrhea, etc) including hiv. dont wait until blisters come out again.
  • Posted

Since this happened in 2013 you can go and ask for blood test and explain what’s been going on with you. If it’s herpes it will definitely show antibodies in your blood via IgG test after this long. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.