Herpes - help with Herpes management

Posted , 6 users are following.

As I am sure most of you are also, I am very sceptical about people writing on forums - especially when the endorse a particular product.

However I would like to emphasise that I am not affiliated with anything which could affect you or your condition.

I am here simply to tell you what I believe helps and what I believe doesn't....

For the past 10 years I have suffered with both types of herpes and only in the last year did I decide and have the opportunity to try to do something about it - with positive results

As most people agree it is about living a moderately or increasingly healthy life style - eat well, sleep well, avoid drugs and tobacco etc.

Well I have always done this and have never smoked or taken drugs.

I find that alcohol is an instant way to become very unhealthy and prone to attacks.

Regardless of what you may read about benefits of wine, it is complete nonsense. Avoid all alcohol at any cost.

I brought a gadget called Virulite. I did not read about it or see it on TV. I just saw it on the counter In a chemist when I went in to buy some other meds. It was 28 euros where I live. I had never heard of it.

I think this has worked really well to prevent any attacks on my face for the past year. You need to always use the highest strength battery you can find (usually + or plus)

I have always ate quite well - fresh meat,fish, fruit and veg mostly in salad form

But I have always had a really bad sweet tooth

Since November I have made a conscious effort to not eat ANY sugars ( there is no such thing as good sugar it's all bad) and I think this is has a major effect on my health in a positive way. I still eat fruit and make mixed fruit and veg smoothies ( All fruit smoothies have too much sugar)

Chocolate is especially bad because of the cocoa so avoid chocolate. White chocolate is not so bad but has a lot of sugar so is bad for you in general. Again, despite what you read about the health benefits of cocoa it is all complete nonsense in order to sell more chocolate

I did cut down a little on my red meat but this was more due to my cholesterol level.

I use a sunbeds from time tot time and have not noticed that this brings out any attacks. Sometime 2 or 3 in a week with no problems

I have not taken any acyclovir tablets or used cream or taken any L-lysine which some say helps prevent attacks. When I used to take it, I did not find that it helped

Anyway for the past 6 months and have not had any attacks.

I put this down to - no alcohol , no sugar and virulite

I do sometimes get stressed and sometime do not have many hours sleep but this does not seem to affect me

I go to gym and play football quite regularly

I occasionally lapse and tuck into some ice-cream but found this did not have any negative effects

It was only when I drank alcohol - red wine and whisky with coca cola , that I had almost immediate outbreaks

It once also happened when I ate a fast food burger take away - almost instantly

I first thought it was the coca cola but just drinking wine had the same effect.

If your lifestyle is not particularly healthy then experiencing cold weather when you are tired or have not eaten properly, will of course leave your body very vulnerable to attacks and this is why we call it cold-sore because we experience more often during and associate them with, cold weather

But we must look at this in a positive way because having herpes in your system is like having a health monitor - if you can keep attacks away then you are living a healthier lifestyle than if you are getting repeated attacks

Remember - our body is in a constant battle against ageing, disease and life itself from the moment you are born, so try to to do the best you can do, to assist in the battle.

Good luck x

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

HI I GOT HERPES OFFA MY EX WAYWARD EX WIFE AND SINCE THEN I'VE BEEN TREATING THEM MYSELF WITH A VERY INEXPENSIVE PRODUCT , SURGICAL SPIRITS , I DAB IT ON OFTEN AT LEAST ONCE A HOUR OR MORE , IT TENDS TO DRY OUT THE BLISTERS AND SHORTEN THE LENGTH OF OUTBREAK , GIVE IT A GO IT SHOULD WORK FOR YOU , PLUS IT WORKS A CLEANING AGENT SO ITS SAFE AS LONG AS YOU DON'T HAVE REACTION TO THE SURGICAL SPIRITS
  • Posted

Hi Guys

I find that now my sores do not get out to the top of my skin because as soon as I feel them coming I hit the Virulite and they go away. I also use zovirax at the same time. Amazingly I have not had a cold sore since last May ( 8 months). I think it is also because I was not so busy during summer and working for over 24 hrs at a time - so had a better sleep pattern. Even now in winter and even over Christmas when the diet was not so good - drinking, chocolate etc. I am ok

I would suggest that Prevention is better than cure, because eventually you may get scaring from using something which attacks the open sore.

Lopez - I have not heard of Herpopro but I will check it out - thanks

I strongly recommend Virulite if you have not got it - I got mine from a chemist for 28 euros

Thanks....

• Posted

Hi

You need to go & have the shingles vaccine for I suffer from hsv 2, I had the vaccine because it is very closely related to hsv3 or shingles this has almost eliminated my symptoms!!!

I'm a very much more happy soul.

• Posted

Looking around it seems you need to be at least 50 years old for the Shingles or Zoster vaccine - looking in UK anyway !!

• Posted

I went to my GP & paid for the vaccine it cost me £79.00,

I'm 39 years of age and the symptoms were breaking out all over my body (not just the obvious places) for many years, started when I was 26.

I looked at the results of a small French study of 50 people from 2006 through until 2011 of the 24 people that took 1 to 2 doses of this vaccine all had their symptoms diminish to zero outbreaks, just go to your GP & explain the situation to him & be sure to take no anti virals for two days before & up until 2 weeks after your jab, this will make a vast difference to your condition!!!

• Posted

Incidentally I follow the JASON VALE way of eating & it has no effect on herpes either way, apparently people who suffer the symptoms of this disease carry a faulty gene that does not fight the virus well enough when it comes out of hiding, this is why some people suffer extremely with herpes & others show very little if any symptoms, let me know how you get on if you have the jab!
  • Posted

Hi Tom. Where did you get the vaccine ?

I have found 1 in London for £ 180

• Posted

I just looked up the Jason Vale diet you mentioned. I didn't know it was about Juice. I am not surprised it doesn't help you because Juice diets are one of the biggest myths around. Fruit is loaded with sugar and the sweeter they are, the more sugar and less nutrients they have. So unless you are strictly wheat grass, carrot and sea weed then they wont help much but even then you still need to eat a good diet of protein (pref from meat, powders not recommended) , carbs and even fats. Juice is ok very short term and its good to replace other bad stuff like fizzy drinks or alcohol but its not a good way to try to live.

• Posted

I don't manage my condition through diet Jason Vale is useful only for my skin to look healthy but more importantly to keep my weight in check plus after all the withdrawal symptoms which last around 3-4 days you have boundless amounts of energy, I look at it like fat their is a lot of fat in processed food & o lot of other junk in there too, for me it's the lesser evil, my fruit & veg juice is far better for me to take than your average diet, I tend to have proper meals at the weekend anyway as it is to hard to stay on it all the time, honestly though see about that jab it will take away most of anyone's hsv symptoms, they are doing a bigger more detailed study into it at the moment!

• Posted

You never said where you got your vaccine from ?
  • Posted

Just go to your local GP & order the shingles vaccine from him I had mine in Nottingham & it cost me £ 79.00.
  • Posted

Huh go figure about the "cold" in cold sore. Makes sense, and I actually had my first outbreak of hsv1 (down there) a day after I went quadding around in the country through the rain. It was pretty cold, I did NOT dress warm enough and the rain did not help, but one can't see the damage til after I guess rolleyes

I will definitely look into this Virulite. Is it a cream?

• Posted

I've got the Virulite too, it does work. It's a light that you treat the area with for 3 minutes, it sends the virus back up the nerves so stopping the outbreak. I also use Dynamiclear which is a topical gel, i got it from Austrailia a couple of years ago. If a sore does break out one application dries up the sore. Mine dissappear in 24 to 48 hours. I'm not selling it for anyone or anything, I'm just surprised it works.

Thanks on the info for the shingles vaccine! I'm going to try that smile

• Posted

I also tried dynaclear which was very expensive from internet. Unfortunately I did not get any results. For me virulite combined with Zovirax totally stops any cold sore from emerging so after a few days it has disappeared. You can feel it under the skin but it does not break through. Good to know you have it because I had never heard of it and just saw it on a counter in a chemist in Spain. Crazy really.
  • Posted

Virulite is available off the shelf in Boots in the UK

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.