Herpes on finger

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've had this little blister near my nail on my middle finger for several weeks. It was full of pus, sore and red looking but two weeks ago I accidentally hit it on something and it popped. It will not go away. It isn't sore but it does not seem to be healing. I take daily suppressives for GHSV1. How long is it going to take?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Dear jan110516,

There is a very good chance that what you're experiencing IS HSV-1, but you're more likely to find a doctor will refer to it as a whitlow.

I'm afraid the reason it's taking so long to 'disappear' is that the pus that's developed there contains the 'poison', which includes the virus HSV-1 (Herpes Simplex Virus 1) along with other toxins that your body is trying to exude.  You MAY require the "blister" to be lanced, by a medical person, and follow this up with dressings and POSSIBLY some medication.

Once I had mine lanced at my local hospital, and with the changes in dressing and taking both an antibiotic and an antifungal medication, mine cleared up in just over a week.

Hopefully, your's will soon clear up, even if you do need to see a doctor to get it sorted.

Lots of Love and Light.

Mick

x x x x

x x x

P.S. Please don't be offended, or alarmed, at the 'x's'.  It's merely a logo, of sorts, that I've used for about 40 years now.

• Posted

Thank you Mick, my whitlow has finally cleared up, but still has a little dry skin patch circle around it. I called my nurse and she said the suppressives should prevent any breakouts, but this blister looked just like pics I saw online. I was really afraid it would somehow get in my eyes, thank goodness it didn't. I appreciate your response very much.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.