herpes on lips? or something else?

Posted , 1 user is following.

hi,

i woke up this morning with a swollen bump on my lip with two dots on it. ive never had a sore before so im not sure what it feels or looks like in the early stages. i havent experienced any pain, burning or tingling. is it herpes? or something else like a bug bite?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

update: the main bump de-swelled a bit by midday. and by nighttime the dots had de-swelled or burst a bit. this morning theyre no longer filled, just hanging skin. or healing? but the main bump is still there.

i went ahead and treated them with a rhubarb and sage cream yesterday. i didnt have pain but the cream made it feel odd.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.