Herpes on perineum?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey lovely people! I was just wanting to know if any of you get outbreaks in the form of paper cut's on your perineum? I have been getting them for a few months now and it started a week after I had unprotected sex. I had a yeast infection (self diagnosed) and my perineum/anus was so itchy. I then developed a bump on the left side of then entrance of my V that only hurt if I touched it. It eventually flattened but has come and gone along with the cuts/dry skin. I've never experienced other symptoms of a typical ob/herpes and only know of the 'cuts' because I have kept an eye on my privates. I am waiting on results from swab and blood/urine. I will update. I also have had cold sores since I was a child. Thanks for your time smile

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

That's where I got my first outbreak on my perineum ahhhhh so painful

• Posted

Thanks for your reply! Apart from the pain did you get other symptoms? I haven't had the feeling flu like or tingling or pain except when it first appeared and that was from getting wee on the cuts.

• Posted

Persoannly I didn't get flu symptoms at all not even tingling, but I know that its really uncommon to not get flu symptoms, because everyone seems to get flu and tingling, I literally just started getting sore, mine was never that bad though!!

Before outbreaks now I get itchy and mega hot and sweaty the day before, and guess what I've been feeling today?

Wish me luck ahhhh, I'm meant to be trying for a baby this week ahhhhhhhhh

hope I don't get one that appears on my perineum (they're the only sore ones but if I get an outbreak now it's only one that goes after 3 days and doesn't hurt unless it's on the perineum and it looks nothing like the original ones) 

• Posted

Herpes really does effect people differently. I had no knowledge of this before all this started. I just thought everyone who had herpes on the genitals had massive sores on that region and that was that. The standard (mis) conception of the virus is very black and white - ignorance is bliss.

That's so exciting that you're trying for a baby! I wish you nothing but luck and health! smile yay!

• Posted

Ahhhhh tell me about itI thought I was going to be covered in this horrible puss filled blisters, but it just looked like tiny cuts and I had about 4/5 haha

Aw thank you my lovely, nothing so far but keep going

Hope youre all good x

• Posted

The perineum is a very common site for herpes outbreaks, and paper cuts are one possible form of herpes. Having pre-existing HSV1 typically reduces symptoms of HSV2. Given the above, it's possible that what you are experiencing is herpes, especially if it's recurring at the same place.

However, I would never put my money on anything when it comes to diagnosing herpes without proper test results, so wait for the lab report. I hope they swabbed you when you had these paper cuts (pcr swab better than culture, btw), and that the blood test was for IgG, not IgM (unreliable).

• Posted

Hi, thanks for your reply and insight. They didnt swab on the cuts as they started to heal but in that area and internally. I'm waiting on my blood test results today. Which I'm having a lot of anxiety over sad I wish I wasn't because if it's herpes I know it really isn't the end of the world. Probably the not knowing is doing my head in more. I'm not sure what type of test is was however I was concerned when the doctor told me "hsv2 effects your mouth and type 1 your privates" so depending on results next 'ob' I'll get testing at a proper sexual health clinic. Appreciate your reply! Take care smile

• Posted

So I still haven't heard anything back from my doctor. It's Thursday night and I got tested last Friday. Nearly a week. I'm thinking surly the blood test has came back but maybe they are waiting on the swab results to come back so I'll only need to have one appointment.. Amoung other possibilities ofc. I know I could have called them by now but I feel with all the knowledge I have gained this past week either way, I'll be fine.. Plus I'm single right now so I don't need to worry in that regard. My mum has been awesome btw. The only reason I told her is because she is my rock. Anyway this post is rather pointless but I have enjoyed reading others stories and it's such a shame when they don't update.

More dribble: before all this I had no idea of a stigma surrounding cold sores. I've always thought of it as nothing really. If I see someone with a cold sore I don't think anything negative about them just "hey cold sore". I will admit to not knowing I could have passed my cold sores on (which I get if my immune system is shonky) *without signs. So that's something I'm Not sure alot of ppl realise which is *maybe why hsv1 is becoming more 'popular' in recent* years? Hopefully I haven't infected anyone in the past! I've always mentioned I get them though just casually mostly because of aesthetics.. (I know) anyway this has been the week of herpes for me! I even think I had a viral infection as a kid that's cause from hsv6+7 so I made a joke of me being riddled. I hope my lightness on this subject doesn't offend anyone. I just think why cry when you can laugh. Each to their own. And I hope if someone is reading this that they are doing ok. It's terrible seeing posts with so many distressed ppl. I just wanna have y'all a big internet hug *hugs. Tc good ppl!

• Posted

Last update! I don't have herpes! Everything came up clean! Even yeast! I did get a prescription for the cuts so I'll see how that goes. And will go to a gyn in a few months. Honestly I have been a bit reckless coming out of a ltr last yr for the first time in my adult life so I'm so relieved. But this experience has taught me so much and if I met a man in the future who I want to pursue a relationship with who has hsv I wouldn't have a issue with it. Knowledge is power. For anyone ready this who is + I hope you're doing well and big hugs. smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.