herpes or am I freaking out

Posted , 41 users are following.

Hi. About a week ago I discovered a bump on the inner lip of my vagina. It was about the size of a pencil eraser and seemed to be under the skin. It was not colored and did not hurt. For five days it didn't change. Then I tried popping it (bad idea I know) and after trying first some white liquidy puss came out then some liquid then blood. So I stopped. The next day it looked awful and was really swollen. I left it alone for two days and now it's a little smaller. It doesn't look like a cut. When I put pressure on it it looks yellowish or whitish like there could be puss in it. It's sort of hard to the touch. It's a lot smaller than it was to begin with. I also have had burning when I pee and even when I'm not peeing but not burning or pain around the bump. I've had some white vaginal discharge and a smell. I think this is a yeast infection. Last night my mom got me an over the counter yeast infection one dose med and I used it. I also shave. My mom said i should not shave the inner lip of my vagina because it is sensitive and this bump could be from shaving. What I want to know is if this is herpes? I've only had sex with one person. I know herpes can be spread by oral. We haven't had oral in about 5 or 6 weeks and he had no cold sores then. I know condoms don't always protect against herpes but we also have used a condom every time and he has never had a genital breakout from my knowledge and never when we were together. Like I said I didn't feel sick before this no fever only one bump, it was there five days and did not hurt or change until I popped it. It's shrunk a lot since I popped it. And it is sort of hard to the touch. Not rock hard but firm. Does this sound like herpes or could it be from shaving. Would herpes pop like that? Would white puss type stuff come out of herpes? Would herpes decrease in size after this? And would herpes feel hard? If it was herpes wouldn't it have stayed open after I popped it instead of becoming a smooth bump again? I'm also freaking out now because I've had a headache all day and haven't felt the best but I just started my period last night so I think that is causing the headache and not feeling well but on top of that I'm completely freaking myself out and I feel like I'm worrying myself so much I'm making it worse. Thanks for any help

0 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Ok so I have need info too I have had sex with my boyfriend almost 2 months ago and when I shaved down there last night I noticed to small red bumps on the outer part of the vagina lip and I've never experienced this before its not painful at all it very small and just a light red going towards my normal skin color is this herpes or genital warts I do believe my boyfriend is clean and would tell me and he has busted inside me so does this mean that the bumps on my outter part of my lip are warts or herpes? I'm so scared

• Posted

Did you ever find out? I'm having the same problem right now?

• Posted

You have an ingrown hair that's all. Herpes is painful. You get really tired before an outbreak, well I do. Then itchy down there and then small blister like bumps in a cluster. Everyone is different but I don't think you have herpes
  • Posted

I was diagnosed with a UTI the first time I went to the hospital two days later I went back because I was in so much pain then they diagnosed me with (BV) today I went to my primary care doctor and she told me she thinks I have herpes but is sending the swab to be tested. I have two little sores that started as small cuts, it does burn when I urinare but not as bad as it did before I started the anti biotic they put me on for BV but one strange thing that is happening is my body is pouring out clear discharge non stop its like I'm constantly peeing my self but clear liquid has that happens to anyone else?

• Posted

I know this isn't exactly helpful, but I'm experiencing something somewhat similar to you. A few days ago, I thought I had a yeast infection. Before that, my long-term boyfriend and I had sex, after which I felt a little more raw than usual. Later on I noticed a little abrasion, like a small cut, at the bottom of my vaginal opening. I ended up taking an otc med for the yeast infection, and it helped somewhat with my symptoms. A day later, the little abrasion looked more like a blister, and another had appeared on my inner labia. I also started having intense burning when urinating. By the end of the next day, I had more blisters/sores, horrifically painful urination, and large amounts of clear discharge, to the point that I have to change underwear constantly. I went to an urgent care clinic two days ago because my ob/gyn can't see me until next week and the doctor there said it didn't look like typical HSV but tested me and put me on valacyclovir as a precaution. Right now I'm in the worst pain I've ever felt, can barely walk, and can hardly sleep. This is miserable.

• Posted

That is my exact story and now I can't wear anything but skirts because the running hurts too much. That being said my blisters have not popped and the are a bit hard and ideas

• Posted

Hi mrh0818... Did your test come back what did it say?
    • Posted

My story is pretty identical. I was in a rush shaving and cut the inner part of vagina close to the opening trying to get a close shave 😑 It was a little tender but no exssive pain.

That weekend me and my boyfriend had sex and I seem to always tear alittle words the bottom opening of the vagina idk if it's from not being wet enough or I'm just small ?

Anyway , a week before we saw each other I'd been dealing with a pretty bad bv and I figured it was the infection that was causing the cutts to hurt. I ended up going to the doc again to get a refil of antibiotics and my doctor told me that she 95%sure that my cuts are genital herpes . I broke out into tears as if she told me I was going to die the next day. I'm waiting for the swap test to come back and she proscribed me antibiotics as well as acyclovir which is a oral pill for herpes and other things such as shingles ect. I do have a few bums on the inner opening of vagina but I've read that can be a symptom of sever vaginal infection. The treatment medication is making me feel sick I hope and pray it is not herpes 😓

• Posted

Omg! The similarity happened to me... I had a yeast infection sometime last week... But I didn't treat it, I tried to do it the natural way instead.... you know... eat yogurt, rinse with diluted vinegar etc. Few days later I had sex with my bf. I was fine... about 3-4 days later if felt a bit dry and crampy I figured let me put a dad on just in case. This woman gave a very thick overnight pad that I have never worn. I usually wear ultra thin. To me I feels it's more breathable for my vagina. But since the thick pad is all she had I took 2 and wore one before I went to sleep. (I Didnt want my period to catch me of surprise) after that first before I went to sleep when I took off the first pad I had some feel of dryness and irritation. I went showered n wore the second one before I went to sleep. That next morning I ended up having my period. Bit not was a menstruating I had major rash.it's felt like a horrible diaper rash. So I went to the store and bought my normal ultra thin pads. I though I was getting an allergic reaction to the type of sanitary napkin that woman have me. But the burn and the visual of was looking worst. I have never seen or felt how my was when I saw it. I COULD BARELY WALK...not only that but couldn't even sit right... It was this annoying pain. Next day it got worst. The visual of my vagina , the sores swelling, and the excruciating pain when I pee and it drips to my sore. It was so swollen I could barely see the whole in my vagina. Even my anus whole was hurting it felt like a major problem of straining to poop so much. I WENT TO THE ER. When I got there they said the rash was from the yeast infection I previously had that I didn't treat. They saw my rash down there and said it can be type herpes but I think it's the rash from the yeast infection. While at the er they gave me 1 pill for the yeast infection and they prescribed me vaginal cream for 7 days to put on the inside and out of my vagina. The next day I started using the cream. It did nothing still in this agonizing pain. I was afraid to even go to the toilet because I couldn't Bear the pain of even squatting and having the burning on going warm p*ss come out my painful vagina. My leg muscles were already starting to ache. As if it was flu symptoms. Getting mini fevers here and there . The second time around that week, 2 days later it's was worst.I had so many sores from The tip of the beginning of my lips to my anus whole. Red skin, white bloches, swollen vaginal whole and all. Puss coming out of my sores... yellowish/ clear colors. It was discussing. Smelled like a bit of chemical. Felt lite like really chapped and as if the store was sticking to one another and the puss would come out. The vaginal cream did nothing in fact I think it did worst. I had to go back to the ER. Second time there this week. I was horrible pain level 9. Could barely walk or sit. In massive pain. Plus the aches in the body

And to top it off my period was ending. I was so confused as far as what was going. I was thinking a yeast infection can't do all this. I have taken all the other exams including a HIV test and everything was negative. The ER took a swap of one of my sores and told me that it came hack positive for type 1 herpes. And that it's very common.... but by the look of the horrific rash they couldn't even specify it. They diagnosed it as herpes unspecified. Therefore I just found out I had herpes 2 days ago. It's been so painful like sore with little hairs pricking you as it grows back with some dryness. My behind still feels as if I strained like crazy. I have been prescribed with Valtrex. Bacitracin ointment and some ibuprofen for the pain. The RN handed me some numbing gel to help block out the pain so I atleast urinate without feeling like imma pass out from the pain....

It's been slightly better....I don't how long it would take for these meds to kick in... to be honest I am afraid my self. How do you live life or meet someone knowing u have this virus? I afraid and worried. This is my first time experiencing . I have no husband or children. But my chances of feeling likeep none now....sad Ive been crying for days. I just wanthink to feel better and heal... im still dealing with the puss coming out here and there from the sore... what does that mean? Does it mean that's it's healing or is it getting worst? I'm just so lost....Im trying to remain calm...

• Posted

i have bumps on both of my groins and they doesn't hurt just a little itchy. i put an iontment on it and they drying up.. I'm terrified! Now the skin looks scaly

• Posted

So a few minutes ago, I felt a bump on my vagina. I have been diagnosed with type 2 herpes last year and I showed no signs. They did a blood test though not a swab because I hadn't had any blisters or anything like that. But right now I felt a bump, decided to pop it, and all that came out was blood. Everyone's saying heroes comes out as yellowish, and an ingrown hair comes out whitish. No discharge came out at all besides blood. It didn't hurt at all either, and doesn't itch or irritate me at all. But thinking about it is freaking me the hell out! Me and my boyfriend have been together two years and we do not use protection. His last girlfriend had cheated on him and slept with a bunch of other guys and I guess gave it to him. But he's afraid of needles so he can't get tested. He hasn't had any breakouts what so ever either, and we have sex at least once or twice a week. He took my virginity so there's nowhere else I could've gotten it from. But please I'm freaking out. Like I said it doesn't irritate me or burn or anything like that, and all that came out was blood. Please help

• Posted

okay so I have kind of the same problems. I have a red bump the size of a pencil eraser. Its just red. Ive squeezed and nothing comes out but its really hard. Idk what it is. Theres just one so its not a cluster. It doesn't itch. Its just irritating.

• Posted

Does qnyone know what this could be?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.