Herpes or hemorrhoids? Please help!

Posted , 2 users are following.

So... since last Saturday I’ve been having this sharp pain feeling in my rectum. So I started taking preparation H suppository til Tuesday and that’s when I was in so much pain i went to the urgent care. They said it was internal not external hemorrhoids so she gave me some cream and told me to keep using the preparation H. Friday comes along and it’s still hurting. Haven’t used the restroom that much this week. Haven’t really been able to eat. Wakes me up in the middle of the night because of the pain. I just don’t know what to do. Because they keep saying it’s hemorrhoids but it’s not clearing up. Can anyone please tell me what this is. Or at least looks like. Because now it’s inflamed from the outside and it’s really painful. At night I feel like I’m going to faint every time. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

There’s no picture for us to see.  But honestly if the pain is that bad that you feel faint and the stuff the doctor has prescribed hasn’t helped then you need to go back again!  Haemorrhoids can take a little while to clear up.   Depending on the type.  But go see your GP!   All the best 
    • Posted

How do you post a picture through using your mobile device web browser ? It doesn’t let me post a picture. 
    • Posted

I requested desktop site and did it that way. But not all phones allow that so I think you might have to do it on a computer 
    • Posted

It was a blood clot. Went to the er yesterday. Thank you 
    • Posted

Glad you found out what it was and have hopefully got it all sorted. All the best 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.