Herpes or ingrown hair

Posted , 3 users are following.

I’m new to having herpes outbreaks. I know I have HSV1 from blood tests, and had what I believe was an outbreak a couple of months ago. However, I still don’t know whether to believe i have it genitally. I still take medication at any time something looks like an outbreak though but I can’t decipher any patterns or blisters etc yet. They have all just looked like pimples/ingrown hair as of yet. Is this herpes ? Should I go collect some more medication?

I also think I have molluscum contagiosum on my upper pubic area as well as my inner thighs. My thighs have also been rubbing together this summer, so that’s why I have pimples on my legs. 100% that that’s not herpes.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

just looks like pimples from shaving notjing looks like herpes in my opinion , i have hsv1 orally too and im like u anyblittle change def. messes with me mentally

• Posted

just looks like pimples from shaving notjing looks like herpes in my opinion , i have hsv1 orally too and im like u anyblittle change def. messes with me mentally

• Posted

I thought the same, massively indecisive on whether or not I have herpes, because I grew up being surrounded by herpes so I don’t doubt I have had HSV1 already. It’s of course something I can live with and manage but yes I agree. That one spot in particular either is MC or and ingrown hair. I’m going crazy trying to find patterns with the bumps, illness or blisters. One day I’m sure I’ll know 😂 the gyno did say that I did have a genital outbreak but still unsure on confirmation until I have another outbreak!

• Posted

its molluscum youre correct taking a bath is the worst thing stop ! only showers as of now since youve been shaving andtaking baths the little ones are new ones forming . i can tell its molluscum by the bigger one with the dimple in the middle and the shiny ones. and heres the kicker i have molluscum so i know what it looks like. buy some dr wheat grass spray and apple cider vin. be careful use a new wash rag daily for that area. pat dry with paper towel NO SEX be consistent with the wheat grass

• Posted

You’re an absolute life saver. I’ve got the apple cider vinegar here but I’ll keep note! I always bleach my razors (if it’s a good one) after use, but I do throw the disposables away! They’re an absolute nightmare but something I can live with. And I’m not sexually actively anymore so I don’t have that risk of passing it on. Thank you so much ❤️

• Posted

no shaving at all doll it opens the warts and spreads them youll have to wear the coat this summer . id recommend the wheat grass spray because its easier. acv youd have to spot treat them individually using a new qtip for each lesion . lasts for about 6 months to a year but if you start treatment can be gone quicker .dont get waxes either people actually get it from waxing,pools, sex . best wishes for your recovery .you can vent when ever as well❤

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.