Herpes or severe yeast infection?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Last week I went to the doctor's to get pap smear done, unfortunately today I went to see my Ob-gyne again because of severe itching in my genitals. She checked me and agreed that I have developed a yeast/fungal infection (white cottage cheese like discharge), probably caused by the 2 rounds of antibiotics I took for another medical concern (co-amoxiclav and criprobay), that it may have caused my natural flora to go haywire, BUT she also said she is VERY CONCERNED about the red blotches that I have because they look like Herpes type 2 and right after she said DO NOT STRESS OUT ABOUT IT!!!!! Like what the heck she said I could monitor it for a couple of days she said STD screening is not necessary but I am freaking out so I booked an appointment for the tests but that will take a couple days or a week to get the results back! And I am freaking out because the last time I got tested I was negative and I surely haven't had sex the only action that I got was the freaking pap. She said Herpes 2 can go dormant for months even years. Now I can't sleep or eat because of anxiety 😦

this photo is from the other day

this is from today

I am freaking out

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.