Herpes or Yeast infection cuts?

Posted , 19 users are following.

i went to the doctors yesterday because of itching and was told I had a yeast infection but then today i looked and saw they lesions, could it be herpes or cuts from scratching as ive been scratching and rubbing it alot?

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Dear ashley,

It looks like a small fissure from scratching, but looks can be deceptive. If you're worried that it could be herpes, then you should get it swabbed for HSV DNA. For now, treat it as thrush but if the fissure keeps recurring (in the same area) you should certainly get it swabbed.

Adhari

• Posted

i feel like it may just be a cut from scratching because it is very very itchy but i will book another appointment tomorrow to make sure

• Posted

i also dont believe there was any blisters before the cuts as i was just at the doctors yesterday and she said everything looked fine and there werent any last night before i fell asleep

• Posted

In that case, treat it as thrush. You're absolutely correct in saying that blisters (and pustules) typically precede ulceration in herpes.

• Posted

not everyone who gets blisters, or clusters, some cuts and some just the tingles before an outbreak but never an outbreak. its a shame so many ppl assume blisters are herpes because so many people then go untreated

• Posted

tbf hsv2 outbreaks can look like this. my exs outbreaks were never blisters and nor are mine, but a tiny cut like this. id get it checked as i passed it off as thrush until i got it swabbed. 70% of people who have herpes dk they do because symptoms tend to be so mild and they dont get tested. hope it all goes ok

• Posted

Probably just from your yeast infection hun. Don't stress

• Posted

if your worried try get a swab because not all herpes show as blisters or sores some can also look like scratches x

• Posted

im scared because i have this, it started out looking exactly like that but on the inside of mu vagina now its got so much bigger it hurts to wee and ive got red spots too but me and my boyfriend both have negative sti tests so im not sure

• Posted

Standard STI tests do not test for herpes. You need to specifically request one, and get a swab test on an active sore. Herpes is actually really hard to diagnose without an active sore, so i suggest going as soon as possible. Your bf may have been a carrier with no symptoms (very common.) Also some people do bot realize that if you have ever gotten a cold sore, that is herpes (HSV1) and it can be transfered to somone's genitals during oral sex.

I contracted HSV1 in that was from someone who rarely had symptoms and did not realize that you can contract HSV1 genitally as easily as HSV2.

My outbreaks never have blisters, and look exactly like that "cut."

Please get tested to be safe. but know that if it is herpes, it is not the end of the world.

• Posted

hi did you ever find out what it was ? I have the same thing right now that popped up a few days after me having anal sex and I am worried but my Dr said my cut looked like i just fractured / cut my skin ,I'm waiting my results so it would be helpful !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.