Herpes outbreak while on my period should i use a pad or stick with tampons?

Posted , 7 users are following.

So I'm having an outbreak which lucky me is happening while I'm hemorrhaging from the vagina and I've been using tampons but I'm worried about getting sores inside just curious if any females found that using pads was better or if that would be worse I haven't used pads since I was probably 14

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I'm not a woman but your message popped up your questionsPopped up on my phone so I would say if I was your boyfriend I would tell you to take a bath then take a shower and put the pads on like put one on in the morning then take another bath before you go to bed then shower then put a new one on then go to bed keep doing that in tell your periods gone well that would be my advice to you if I had a girlfriend thatb had genital herpes I don't have genital herpes I have oral which is basically the same thing but it's on my lip I get a cold sore or fever blister anyways hopefully that helps and God bless

• Posted

OMG...hemorrhaging from the vagina! That made me laugh out loud smile I know exactly what you mean...I use pads during that time if I have outbreaks. Its gross I know. My gyno told me to put Vaseline on the sores during that time of the month and that helps too smile Good Luck smile

• Posted

I've been using tea tree oil ointment and lanacane cream never thought to use Vaseline I hate pads and I'm worried about it rubbing as I can't even wipe myself when I pee it just hurts to much

• Posted

Look up on YouTube they got some good videos might have a video about what you're asking typing having an outbreak herpes outbreak on your period

• Posted

Vaseline totally helps me. Esp because where my outbreaks happen if burns them when I pee sad I use Summers Eve wipes if it gets too bad for me and it helps since they are moist and do not cause too much rubbing. Really try the Vaseline it is areally good barrier smile

• Posted

It's perfectly okay to use either, so whichever feels the most comfortable.

• Posted

I'm new to this too, and ive felt so alone. This is the first time I've had an ob and i cant help but cry. Again I've just feet so alone and I've never felt this type of pain in my life. I know im not alone but im just hurt this has happened to me. when did the pain start to subside during your first ob? I feel like everything hurts and it hurts to sit or walk or even more. I just wanna know how long it took for some of you to feel some type of relief? I've taken pain meds and continue to try and keep the area clean but nothing I do seems to help with the pain, i have to bite down on a clean towel in order to potty its so bad.

• Posted

I'm right there with ya.Angry, depressed, and feel isolated. Been crying since the dr told me. Mine hurt to sleep, walk, stand, sit, just clothes hurt! Absolutely MISERABLE! For me, i found blotting and NOT wiping helped with discomfort.

For me, its taken about a week once on medication for the pain and discomfort to subside. A nurse told me to get (I know this sounds strange) the lycine+ lip (sp?) stuff to use as a pain reliever for down there. Put a little on a Q-tip and dab on the sores a couple times a day. I just got some to try.

Hope this helped....

• Posted

i recently been diagnosed im currently still going through my first outbreak. but i will suggest getting the shower and lets warm water run over your whole body and squat in the tub w your legs parted and pee while the water rushing over your whole body

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.