herpes postherpetic neuralgia please help

Posted , 3 users are following.

I’ve been tested for herpes and hiv 11 weeks and 2 days after possible exposure. Also had test done for them sooner 3 weeks after possible exposure, 8 weeks, and the latest one is the 11 weeks 2 days. I’ve never had an outbreak but have been feeling strong sharp pain. On butt and right under butt. And in between thighs and all around thighs and upper legs.. But have never had an outbreak, especially in those areas. I would have seen it. Can it be a symptom of herpes without outbreaks.. It’s been going on for about 2 months. Seems like it’s been getting worse. Are my tests conclusive ? Does anyone know how long for a conclusive answer.

4th generation combo hiv test. And specific igg bloood test for herpes 

And igm test also for herpes. 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Herpes Zoster that you're talking about that causes neuralgia is the Chickenpox virus in a different form.  Not the Herpes Simplex Virus that is transmitted through sex or kissing and causes genital herpes or oral herpes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.