Herpes scar in eye bag

Posted , 3 users are following.

I caught herpes hsv1 4 years ago. I am so depressed after. I am shamed of it. I felt I would never have a normal life again. fortunately I recovered after 3 months of acyclovir.

but now, 4 years later after the incident of acquiring the non curable virus, I have a flare up of hsv1 in my right eye. my eye is swelling . no matter what eye drops I used, it just wont cure. later, I realized that could be herpes . I started taking acyclovir 800mg three times a day. I ggot better now after 5 days of medication.

my eye swelling has gone . but still itchy and I saw some darkened patches of marks in my eye bag with some small lesions .

my questions are

1/ have I really recovered from the recent flare up ?

2/ how long should I cont to take acyclovir ?

3/ how do I get rid of the scar ?

i felt so depressed with what I have done to myself . God , pls help me

peter

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

did you have it on your eye or just under your eye im having an initial breakout in my eye with no medicine and scared to death to go blind

• Posted

mothership , pls go see an eye doctor . if you have acyclovir ointment , put it in your eye . I normally have it in my right eye corner skin, like blisters on the eye bag skin. itchy and bad appearance . not on the eye ball .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.