herpes symptoms, negative tests

Posted , 2 users are following.

If anyone could help me that would be great. this is long so bare with me! I had unprotected sex on June 27th. July 22th I noticed redness and irration “down there”. Immediately the next morning I went to the gyno and she said she saw a lesion. She swabbed it. After 4 torturous days it came back negative for HSV-1 and HSV-2. However, my symptoms persisted. The lesion was not a bump or pimple. It was not a blister either. It looked like a canker sore you would get in your mouth. There was a constant burning in my genital area, along with random nerve pains, and achiness in my back, legs, and butt. At this point i was totally convinced i had herpes. On August 6th (6 weeks after exposure) I had a IGg and IGm blood test. both NEGATIVE! i’m very happy but also confused what’s causing these scary symptoms. I want to accept that i’m okay, but i’ve never had a lesion down there in my life. 

I would also like to add I got mono in october 2017 and it caused havoc on my body. I got hashimotos (autoimmune disease of my thyroid) and constant flare ups of EBV constantly, causing crazy symptoms including nerve pain and oral ulcers. I have read ALL over online that EBV is a common cause for genital ulcers. So i’m wondering if that could be it. The lesion is also not classic symptoms for herpes at all. it doesn’t crust or scab or any of that. it just came and went. Should i accept my negative swab and blood test? i’ve been worried sick. 

I also suffer severe hypochondria and anxiety

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.