herpes type 1 on genitals

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've had my first outbreak a few weeks back and got the results today: HSV-1. But I have it down there, passed with oral sex, which made sense since I always use protection.The doc said the outbreaks happen less frequently with this type. As the first ob was really bad (I had roughly 40-50 sores, couldn't even walk for two days), I am hoping she is right. Anyone living with this type on genitals? How are you coping? Are the outbreaks happening often? I am an athlete, so I eat healty and train a lot, I don't drink or smoke, but I really what to know what else I can do to never see that crap again on my junk.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hey smile

I don't have confirmed hsv 1 (I have confirmed herpes but they didn't bloody tell me which one) but I think it's hsv 1

But my friend definitely does have hsv1 and we've done soooo much research on everything

Yes outbreaks are less common in hsv 1 and the fact you're being healthy already will stop your chances of getting many outbreaks anyway

Me and my friend have decided to take both zinc and lysine which we have found that on this website many people have said to use, we have both only had one outbreak so far touch wood!

• Posted

Hey Live life!

I also believe I have genital herpes type 1, my first and only outbreak which was absolutely awful was just over a year ago. I haven't taken any sort of anti virals or supplements etc.

I wanted to ask you about transmission. I have recently started seeing someone as I'm not sure how serious the relationship is right now I haven't told him (bad I know but I'm so scared to tell anyone!) we have had sex a few times and couple times without a condom. I'm now terrified he is going to catch it!! Have you experienced anything similar or heard of any similar stories of ghsv1 transmission from female to male?

• Posted

Hi, yes hsv 1 genital is less frequent than hsv 2. I was diagnosed almost a year ago and thankfully nothing since. First ob was the worst thing I'd ever experienced.

• Posted

Hi. I was diagnosed with this yesterday and like you cannot walk at all or even stand without being in pain have you found anything that helps?. Im also an athlete or at least try to be and am very concerned that this will completely affect my life as I swim and cycle. This whole thing sucks.
    • Posted

thanks for all your answers, I will look into supplements. The doctor gave me valacyclovir to take if I feel something coming but that's about it. As for you, e68127, sorry you're feeling sh*tty sad this whole thing does suck, I'm still wrapping my head around this. What did in the last three days that helped a lot is bathe in epsom salt twice a day and I put some type of zincofax cream on the sores, or petroneum gel. The baths helped with the cleaning (and peeing too hurts a lot less if you pee in the bath before getting out), the salt help with the relaxation (apparently) but mostly with making the sores dryer somehow, and the cream helps with the itching and burning. You can apply it how many times you want so that's a plus. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.