Herpes without sex??

Posted , 8 users are following.

My girl friend just got diagnosed with Genital Herpes. I come from a very conservative society so having sex before marriage is a total taboo and I know she is a virgin. She claims she got it from a toilet seat but I know that is not possible. She insists she never had sex (oral) with anyone but me and I know I don't have herpes, can it be that she got it from a toilet seat? Or should this be a sign for me that she cheated??

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

How do you know you don't have herpes? Have you been tested? Many people are unaware they have it which is why it's passed on unknowingly. Have you had a blood test specifically to check this? Is it definitely herpes she has?
    • Posted

Yes marie ann, I tested myself as soon as she told me and it is negative. I was wishing that I have it before I got the test result. she has been living in another country for a while now and that is where she got her outbreak and tested herself. I am devastated by this and before I got the test results I was certain that I might have passed it on to her because that made sense. I love her a lot and I don't want to blame her without knowing. I told her not to worry because I am not going to leave her even if she has it and it doesn't matter to me but honestly I haven't been able to sleep since I found out that she is positiveand I am negative. Is there the slightest of chances that she got it from the toilet seat as she claims??
    • Posted

Well first, what herpes was it? 1 or 2? Did you get a blood test done for hsv 1& 2?

No, you cannot get it from a toilet seat.

• Posted

Yes, but there arw two different strains. Did you get tested for both HSV 1 AND HSV 2? HSV 1 can be transmitted orally as well.
    • Posted

Well to be honest, because she told you this w such a ridiculous cause of how she contracted it, that was thought to happen in the 1980s, makes me believe she is lying and was unfaithful. That or she recently learned she had it and was not a virgin when you guys met. It is very possible she had it and didn't pass it to you. The risk is very low female to male transmission.
    • Posted

Yes Feelbroken .. I read all about it and then went for a test. In my test results it clearly says HSV 1 clear HSV 2 clear ... I couldn't stop thinking about it so I searched and read about it and a friend if mine is a doctor I asked him and he gave all the info and checked my test results .. I guess I just can't believe it or want to believe her but thanks for the replies all of you
    • Posted

Sorry bud, it happens to the best of us. I've been cheated on more than once. You will move on in time and fall in love again and realize, that she was never met for you and that this was a blessing in disguise.
  • Posted

You cannot get herpes from a toilet seat. It's from sexual contact whether oral sex or just sex... You may have a cold sore in your mouth somewhere and have passed it to her or maybe she's been unfaithful rolleyes
    • Posted

I think you are right about the unfaithful thingy .... because I am no host to any parasites or viruses or bacteria .. I am clean
  • Posted

More than 50 percent of people have oral herpes. Most don't know they have it because they have no symptoms that they recognize as herpes but at times it is still contagious. By age 50 in the United States for example it is estimated that up to 90 percent of the people have herpes. So you like most people more likely than not have oral herpes. Hsv1 is the type most people have orally. I can't say whether your girlfriend got it from you or not but if she did get it from oral sex then most likely it is Hsv1 which is usually less aggressive than hsv2 when the infection is in the genital region.
  • Posted

I don't think the test results are 100 percent accurate. By the way I gave myself genital herpes from my own saliva which is supposed to be extremely rare.
    • Posted

HI.  I am curious.  How did you know you gave yourself genital herpes with your own saliva? My friend had blister at genital and blood test showed is was HSV1.  He didn't recieve oral sex from anyone.  We were still wondering how it happened.
  • Posted

You should get tested again to be more sure you don't have it

• Posted

Unlucky, if you read all the posts, you'd read that it is HSV 2, she has and she said she got it from a toilet seat, which isn't possible. So she didn't get this from oral sex being hsv 2. Even if she did, it would still mean she cheated. You gotta read all the posts man, or you miss the whole message.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.