Hey ..

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello everyone .. just thought I would introduce myself ...

I'm Stevie, 19, male .. on day 4 of my treatment .. have been started off on 10mg of Citalopram for major depression ... was sectioned in December as I had a severe anxiety attack and thought I would end up killing myself - and then had a failed attempt on new years eve ... finally admitted I needed help and now am under a course of treatment smile Confused because some doctors said it is depression, while another says it may be Cyclothymia because of my rapid mood swings :S

So far don't really feel anything apart from the pills make me sort of hyper in the middle of the day, and nauseous .. also been having really vivid dreams ... hopefully will start to feel better soon!

Just have been looking through previous threads - their seems like a lot of support here smile

Hope everyone is having a good 2010 so far and hopefully will get to chat to some of you smile

Stevie

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Stevie

It's great that you have been to your G.P. Taking that first step is hard, but it's the first step on the road to recovery. The tablets do take a few weeks to start working so stick with them. I suffered with feeling sick when i started thaking cit. But that has gone. I still get the odd vivid dream but not as much. As you say there is alot of support on this site, which is great.

Stick with it and best wishes for 2010

madmouse

• Posted

Hi,

Just about to start a course of Citalopram(although not sure if i'm gonna take them) for what I would call mild depression and came across your post. You have an extremely sad story but seem so upbeat in your writing. I admire you determination as it is so easy to just get lost in depression. Accepting that your depressed is the hardest thing to do in my eyes, lets hope the rest is easy.

Please let me know how your going if you get the chance or if you need to chat.

Jess

• Posted

Hi

I am also on day 4 of my treatment, I have been started at 20mg of Citalopram for depression. This is the first time I have taken serious meds for depression (before I have taken something short term that helped me sleep too) and was quite worried about taking them.

So far I don't feel much either apart from the odd side effect (I think!) like a clenching/tense jaw and nausea especially when yawning or the like. My partner also says I am talking a lot more than usual in my sleep and my mind is racing before my alarm goes off in the morning. Is this normal?

Am really glad I came across this site as it looks like a great help and support.

• Posted

hi steve, hope the pills help u as i've just came off them after 3 years 60mg. now on mirtazipine 45mg. the worst thing i hated with citalopram was the libedo. my high sex drive was high then 2 zero. so i'm really hoping this new pill works with my depression and my sex drive. all the best m8. i'm always here for a chat
  • Posted

Just found this forum and this is my first day on cit, after flicking through these forums I'm quite excited b2b nervous to see what happens to me. Looking forward to having my head back on planet earth, I'm hoping for my motivation back and maybe to not be constantly bored. Anyways best of luck to you mate and fingers crossed. I kind of feel like were in some special club now!
  • Posted

Thanks for all your support!

Completed my first week today ... had a bit of a bad day today but am trying to keep powering through

Good luck to everyone !

• Posted

Hi,

If it's of any help I'm on day 14 and things have calmed down and I'm feeling mostly OK - just like it said on the tin. Get through the first 2 or 3 weeks and I'm sure you'll feel better. Otherwise get back to your GP and discuss.

• Posted

i agree it takes 3to 4 weeks to work and you do struggle with side effects. If you feel nauseus get your doctor to prescribe you something and persist. You cant tell a med isnt working till u been on it a while. I have no sex drive at all on citalpram its not a major concern the depression is. I feel better and more self confident. The first 3 weeks i needed to sleep a lot during the day but that soon peters out. Same as concentration. I intend to take this med for 6 months then see about stopping.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.