Hey

Posted , 5 users are following.

I went to the doctor today and my doctor said i can put wb on my ankle.everything is okay.I can start back walking. No therapy for me i am taking it slow but it really hurt so im takin my pain meds and tryna to take steps..i dont go back to dec. Btw its my 6 week

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hey sending heeling wishes your way to a solid recovery. After therapy I walked in sand which really helped the strength return and rom.
  • Posted

Shantell, great news... Did he give u any basic exercises? I found my ankle so stiff that this one exercise was the best & I still do it: put both feet together at the ankle bring both feet up then point them. It will take sometime but eventually both feet will move equally. The same with walking, it takes conditioning & time.

Take your meds if u need to, eventually u won't need them. Good luck, Karran

• Posted

No he didnt i juat look on youtube. Im really interested in the excercise u are talkin about but im not sure if its right do u mean lay flat but both feet in the air and try to reach up and touch then thanks for the advice yes it taketome im takin it slow
    • Posted

Shantell, What has helped me to get over stiff ankles from being in a cast for so long, is this simple exercise: sit or lay down and just move your ankle up & down. Moving your good foot with the repaired one makes it easy to see your improvement. I had a TaloNavicular fussion and this is my only exercise. I walk but swim more every day. 5 1/2 months & Dr doesn't want me walking in sand. Still wearing a shoe with a sole that doesn't bend.

Everyone's situation is different, but hope this helps. Karran

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.