Hey all..

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all,

Hope you are all ok?

I'm doing pretty well, haven't had a serious down day for a fe weeks now so I do belive the cit is working well now.

Also worked out that so much of this is down to the attitude you take to thigns, I have always been looking at the bad side of things and being pretty negative (probably due to the depression) but am now trying to do what I do at work (I fix things) to my life and it all seems to be going well..

I went to see the psyc again and he thinks I'm \"a different person to the one that walked in my office a few months ago\" and my councillor said similar.

One thing that is puzzling me, I keep reading that people plan to come off the meds. I don't really get it, if you had heart disease would you be trying to come off those meds? I just find it a bit strange that there is an obsession with coming off a/d when they are clearly helping to treat a serious illness so well.. Anyway, rant over smile

Take care.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hey Reluctant!,

Thats brill, i love hearing positive posts smile

Im starting to feel better and even braved local tescos yesterday without feeling too bad so fingers crossed def on the up.

Doc recently increased my dose to 40mg coz i was in the middle of a serious wobble and i totally agree with what you said about meds why come off them (apart from increasing prescription charges)

Take care & chin up smile x :roll:

• Posted

Likewise. I don't understand why anyone would want to stop medication that works. Unless you have a bad reaction or it does nothing for you in which case it's a GP job - something else might work.

Maybe it's fear of dependency. But then, you would accept that you might have to be dependent on medication for a serious physical ailment for the rest of your life. Is depression not serious for many people?

Sure, if you have solved the underlying problems and you want to see if you can cope without the meds. But just to decide to stop?

• Posted

Glad to hear others doing well too!

Yes I thought it was time we had some more positive posts on here, I do get why its all doom and gloom (I did enough of that myself) but am now trying to look on the brightside of things and use this horrible thing as a reason to learn more about myself and change things that contribute!

Take care and keep smiling!

• Posted

Hey Reluctant1,

Total downer yesterday, doc told me im not going to work for another month so wasnt in a good place, but today is different feel alive again !!! what a rollercoaster. Love reading all the posts and knowing im not alone and not completely mad.

Going to do some exercise now to boost me even more.

Take care & keep smiling. :D :D

• Posted

Thats a shame.. From a pesonal point of view I'd have been even more lost without work (and a very understanding manager) at my worst I turned up and did nothing, didn't talk to anyone but work has always been my crutch when other things go wrong. But don't see it as a bad thing, if you need to be off work then use the time to do something constructive..

But on the brightside, its good when you start to feel like that, I feel myself again and better than I haev for years and am working through my problems (ironic really as that what I do pretty successfully everyday at work; work through problems..) Take the opportnity when you feel better to work on things and it will pay off..

Take care

• Posted

Reluctant1,

I have a very stressful job with teenagers which takes up a lot of head space so doc advised i stay off, as i am a manager i could possibly (or more than very likely) make a totally wrong decision which could ultimately wreck their heads.

I am, as you advised using my time constructively as i am exercising a lot, chiefly as i am without a car at the minute so the school run is interesting !!! :lol:

Take care & keep smiling smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.