Hey All, Hopefully this little tip will give you some relief

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I've been spending a lot of time on this website reading about migraines, tension headaches, and about anxiety for awhile now.  All of you are so supportive! I've been dealing with horrendous anxiety for about a year now and have been trying to get out of the visious cycle. 

My anxiety has left me with a tension headache for about 4 months now. It's a constant pressure in my head. I've been in and out of doctors (you know the drill) and have tried several medications to stop the viscous cycle and nothing has really helped, plus I did not like all the side effects. 

I read somewhere that applying Tiger Balm or Icy Hot to the back of your neck, shoulders and temples helps with a migraine or tension type headaches.  I bought some right away and tried it. I have been applying it for the past two days up to three times a day and it definitely takes the edge off!! Just thought I would share this little tip with you all to see if it helps any of you. I know how we can be desperate to find any kind of remedy for these migraines and this definitely helps. I bought the role on icy hot so it's easy to.  Hopefully this little tip will help some of you to get some relief because I know how frustrating it is!!

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

thanks is this suitable for a 12 year old?
    • Posted

There is a softer version of Tiger Balm that you can get that isn't as strong and smells better. This might be better for someone who is younger.

• Posted

Hello! Thanks for sharing the tip! Is it red or white tiger balm?
    • Posted

I used the white tiger balm...the red one might be a little strong 
  • Posted

Thank you! I will defo try it as I get tension headaches everyday for few weeks now. Thanks for sharing!!
  • Posted

Muscle rub helps me a lot with the tension headache. Put some deep heat on your next and shoulders.

Try to avoid painkillers as you get rebound migraines / headaches.

• Posted

I couldn't agree more re painkillers and rebound headaches... this is what I am struggling with over the last few weeks.... sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.