Hey can i get fire if i let my employer know the I want to end my life???

Posted , 9 users are following.

Just want to know

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I don't think they can fire you for that especially if you have a sympathetic employer, if you work for a larger company their occupational health team may be able to offer councelling. 

Have you been to see your GP abd talked about your feelings if not you definitely need to, ending your life is not a solution to your current issues so please get help. Neil 

• Posted

Hi there🙂

First of all .. its about you have you help and support at all outside of work??

i hope you do.

i have ran a care home for many years, no I don't think they can. Though I don't know you personal curcumstances there . 

That's not the issue you need help because you are feeling like you do have you spoken to anyone about why you feel like this.

please reach out and get help.

like Neil said hopefully you work for sympathetic employers.if I was them I would be concerned for you. O/H will help through.

Please it's not too late go se you're dr don't leave.

take care 

Vicky 

• Posted

I believe that an employer is obligated to aid you in getting the help you need and cannot fire you.

Please seek out a mental health clinic or go to the emergency department at your local hospital.

Good luck !

• Posted

Hi JJSANTIA - No reasonable employer would do that. It would be their duty to alert some authority if you did state that you want to kill yourself. My question would be, why would you tell your employer that? Why not your doctor, or someone who can help you deal with these feelings? Or are you just wanting to be fired?
  • Posted

Sorry I am a bit confused.  Why would you want to or need to tell your employer you want to end your life?  The first step is to see your doctor and get a firm diagnosis and help.  If you then want to tell your employer about your illness it would mean they have to help you to stay in your job by making reasonable adjustments.  These do however depend on business needs. 

It is a myth that employers can't fire you for being ill.  They don't blame it on that but if you are off work with it then they can say you aren't fulfilling your contract by being at work.  Take it carefully and think it through before you do anything.  x

• Posted

I'm a bit confused too.  Are you wanting to tell your employer that you are suicidal so that they might offer some help or are you saying that you want to get fired so you think by telling them you are suicidal they will fire you?  I would say they will most likely take the responsibility to find you some help or guide you in the right direction.  Hope this helps and good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.