Hey everyone. I am thinking of going to try CBT for the first time.. Did it help any one of you?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey all,

I have been going to therapy for a while now and I feel like I am sort of in a dead end. I have heard that CBT is good for anxiety and all sorts of other things, so I just wanted to ask you guys:

Has anyone here found it helpful? And did it help you overcome and "beat" anxiety? If it did, how long did it take?

Because I have a class play soon, which I am really looking forward to, and there is no way in the world I am going to stand on a stage, in my condition..

Thank you all for reading this, I really appreciate it smile

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Ronnie - CBT does help, but you will have to take those the sessions very seriously and apply whatever coping techniques your therapist will teach. You will need to write down all your thoughts on a piece of paper and challenge them in the sense that why they are not true. Remember anxiety is not dangerous, won't kill you. If you are able to ride an anxiety wave - it will go away and you will feel much comfortable. Key is to not run away from it. Face it. 
    • Posted

Thank you so much for your reply! I will take that to mind. I am really ready to take this seriously and do something about, I just can't wait for this hell ride to be over...

Thanks again! smile

• Posted

Hi I've just completed 7 weeks of cbt but it didn't work well for me as i cant relax, so Im taking up one on one sessions now. I did group cbt was very interesting. Good luck and I hope it works for you
    • Posted

I am actually going to be at a one on one session...

I am so sorry to hear... hope you find something that will help you..

Good luck and thank you! smile

• Posted

I have dine cbt. At times it is helpful.it is effective in half the suffers of anxiety disorders. Bratheing would be huge to learn. Thats a scientific fact. They ran all kinds of tests in india and an hour before panic attack, with or without oerson knowing cO2 levels went up. Thats a fact ehich meant hyperventilating issues, improper breathing. So learn breathing techniques along with cbt. In india thye feel oanic disorders are peoplesensitive to changes in carbon dioxide levels. prooven through monitoring them that there bofies one hiur prior to an anxiety attacks car on diaocide levels rose in their bodies. So i think ine Must learn mindfullness with cbt to be effective.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.