Hey guys doc diagnosed me with depression which really change my life

Posted , 5 users are following.

I never thought I had depression...I was very happy girl and this mental things is out my control..I’m trying cope with every and I’ve been taking Seroxat 25mg for 1 years...I want to stop it by reduce 1 tablets a day because I been taking it twice a day which is mornings and night it’s was bad...but I hope I can stop soon

2 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I would not try to self wean without the advice of your GP.  Go back and see them and see if they think it is a good idea and that you are well enough to be able to come off it.
  • Posted

Ya actually its a good decision, you have taken to reduce using tablets. by slowing it will cures you.
    • Posted

Then why were they prescribed in the first place if she didn't need them?  Are you a Doctor in Mental Health?  I doubt whether they would have given them out if she was better off without them....

• Posted

Steph...doc diagnosed me with depression but what’ve I learned is no doc told me to overcome my depression they only prescribed me with pills psychiatric didn’t help...now I see this lady psychologist and she is really good plus I opened up now to my sister about what I’ve been dealing and i feel so much relief...i am reducing 1 tablets a day now 😊...wish me luck

• Posted

That is great news but only reduce under the supervision of your Doctor as some tablets make you worse if you stop taking them without weaning.  Good luck
    • Posted

Thank u step...my body is reacting like the symptoms...but i am handling it well..just don’t want get on this Seroxat all my life..
  • Posted

Hi, im not on the same medication as you but i have been on and off medication over the years of having depression. When I've felt ready i have always spoke to my gp first (everytime they have encouraged me to post pone weaning but i know when im ready and so far it has always been the right decision) but they then advised a reasonable reduction rate as well as fortnightly appointments to keep an eye on how i was going with it. As long as its done with your GPs help and advice i think its a really good sign and i wish you all the best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.