Hey hot mamas! Anyone use ZRT lab for hormone testing?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'm 55 and one full year without a period, yeah!! I want to jump on the biodentical hormone bandwagon, but not sure how. Has anyone used the hormone testing kits to self test and treat? If so, what lab did u use and which kit? What do you do once u have the results? Buy some Biodentical Creams based on the results and then retest periodically? Or do I need to find a compounding pharmacy? Thanks for your help ladies, the end is near! (Not THAT end!)

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

-BTW, I have Kaiser but do not trust in standard HRT!
  • Posted

I did. The one thing I can share with that kind of testing is that if you are cycling at all then they gear their tests for day 21, ASSUMING you ovulated on day 14. I didn't know to check for that when I took my test. I ovulated on day 20 and then took their test on day 21 as they specified. My results were skewed as they compare resukts to 7 days post ovulation. I retested using a month long test for more accuracy. You can PM me for me details but I encourage you to check out some of the more thorough month long tests if you have the money to spend in it. They give a better clue as to what your hormones are doing over an entire cycle vs just one day. Hugs!

• Posted

Thank you, great info! I'm not having periods anymore and am not having too much trouble except insomnia, vaginal atrophy, feeling like a have to pee constantly then nothing comes out, zero energy and zero sex drive (which is very upsetting to my randy hubby!) What did you use, synthetic or natural hormones?

• Posted

I agree with lori. Finding the right hormone therapy is where it gets interesting. I opted to start with the bio creams and my ob is willing to write a script for micronized progesterone, estrogen patch, birth control or whatever else I'm up to trying. I started on bio estrogen cream and I felt ok for a week before all hell broke loose. Gave me the worst anxiety ever! That's when it dawned on me while staring at my saliva test results that I didn't take the test at the right time. I retested and am now on my 10th day of progesterone cream. I am showing low progesterone so no wonder the estrogen made me way worse. I'm determined to stick with it for 3 months to see what happens. I hope you can get some relief!

• Posted

Well there’s lots of alternatives and it’s finding the one that’s right for you . Patches creams combo patches ... that’s when the fun really starts as not all BHRT agrees with everybody 
  • Posted

Hi Sherrie - yes I went online and ordered the ZRT lab test in July 2018. My results showed I was VERY low in progesterone as well as low in the progesterone to estrogen ratio. I was very confident that I would have these results as all of my symptoms were in line with a progesterone deficiency. 

Lisa68384 offered some great advice in suggesting the month long test! I will plan to do this at the 3 month mark.

I started a non prescription over the counter progesterone cream that you can find at a health food store or online through Amazon. I am noticing improvements; I started this cream the day I received my results! I had purchased it beforehand so that I would have it available to use when my results arrived. My doctor has also offered doing the BHRT if I am interested. I showed her this cream that I had purchased and she said to try it for 3 months, record my changes, side effects etc.

My thought was that I would try the OTC progesterone cream first (recommended by a great friend who has been in pharmacy for years); my next step was a consult with my DR for BHRT which I just had - and then I plan to have another consult with a compounding pharmacy - I want to know all of my options! smile 

So thankful for this forum! It's good to hear success stories - gives me hope. Take care!

• Posted

Well you will know when things get really bad if you need BHRT . If you can’t wake up cant get up can’t stay up and are completely debilitated every day ... you’ll probably try it .

It doesn’t sound like your symptoms are too bad and hopefully they don’t worsen ! 

• Posted

Lori - I was in such rough shape; in bed for weeks and weeks and weeks on end; nearly 3 months of "what has happened to me?". It was awful. I have been following your story as I am hoping you will have good results; slowly but surely! After reading your experience this last 6 months as well as the other sisters on this forum, I knew I had to start with something - there was NO way I could wait. I am open to trying things!!!!! I will start with this progesterone cream that comes highly recommended in many of the books I've read. I pray that we will have success stories to share in the weeks and months to come. Take care, Lori! You have support on this forum. smile 

• Posted

Oh I hope so Finny ! Try everything it has to better than this ! I completely understand I’m going on 5 months of fatigue and depression .im permanently horizontal ! 

Yes I’ve had it really rough many nights going to bed whilst it’s still light outside . I’d give ANYTHING right now to feel normal or semi normal . 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.